Custom Guitar to Benefit South Dakota Childrens Hospital

Telenator

Last December I was asked to create an original design guitar to be auctioned off at the annual Silent Auction in Spearfish South Dakota during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Rapid City/Souix Falls Childrens Hospital and Learning Center.

I designed the guitar and my good friend Mark of Stol Guitars built it.

The auction will be held on August 6th.

This has been an awesome project and given me a chance to design something a little out of the ordinary. The design is decidely retro with lines dating back to the styles of the 30's and 40's.

The people holding the auction are all hot rod enthusiasts and among the top custom motorcycle builders in the world so it's only fitting that the guitar carry a hot rod theme.

The guitar features a solid mahogany custom body, Warmoth maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard, custom pinstriping by Bob Gorske at Roade Studio in Bristol CT, vintage Ampeg volume and tone knobs, Seymour Duncan pickups, custom stainless steel feature strip, rat rod gray paint with matte finish, and a black hardware/chrome fastener theme throughout.

Hope you guys like it!

HamsterGuitar1lo-res.jpg

That's a fine piece of work! Should draw some good bids at auction.

Back