Crosstalk in 4-conductor shielded wire?

One last minute modification to the wiring harness: I thought better of leaving the run to the output jack un-insulated. Pulled it off, slid on some heat-shrink, and hooked it back up, feeling much better about the whole thing.

Photo%20Mar%2005%2C%209%2023%2012%20PM.jpeg

The harness is back in, fully functional. I posted all about the adventure here:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29139.0

Looks great! I'm sure you're glad you re-did it.

My only criticism here is the ground braid at the output jack. You can see it sorta bunched up where it was pushed back from the hot lead. A bit of heat shrink there would keep that from creeping forward and possibly contacting the hot lead and shorting the output. But, the ground connection wire to the jack itself will probably hold it back, so no worries.

Cagey said:
Looks great! I'm sure you're glad you re-did it.

My only criticism here is the ground braid at the output jack. You can see it sorta bunched up where it was pushed back from the hot lead. A bit of heat shrink there would keep that from creeping forward and possibly contacting the hot lead and shorting the output. But, the ground connection wire to the jack itself will probably hold it back, so no worries.

I am much happier with the new harness; I'm calling it a win overall.

Yes, good catch there. I was thinking in terms of insulating the joint on the jack and determined that there wasn't enough room to slide heat shrink on, keep it clear while making the connection, then slide it down over the lug. But I can see now that you point it out that I could have used a small piece just to secure the braid. I will think of you when the guitar shorts out during my big solo at Madison Square Garden  :toothy12:

Back