Crazy wiring idea for jazz bass

gbuonc

Hello all,
for a new jazz bass project I'm working on I would like to have a special wiring, but I don't even know if it is actually possible.
I really like the look of the stacked concentric pots of early 60s jazz basses, but also the ability to switch from parallel to series pickup circuit, so my idea is something like this:
- a first concentric pot as master volume (inner) and master tone (outer ring) for both neck and bridge pickup
- a second concentric pot as a blend for neck/bridge pickup (inner) and the outer ring to be used as a sort of a switch for series/parallel pickup wiring

As a second option could also be fine to have a single concentric pot as master volume/tone, a pot with center detent for blend and another pot (or a mini switch) for dealing with series/parallel pickup circuit.
Is this a totally crazy idea?
I know it should be possible to have a blend pot with series/parallel switch, but I would like to know if you can achieve something similar mimicking as much as possible the two concentric pots layout.
Any help, suggestion or wiring diagram is really appreciated!
Thank you all
Gianluca

I’d look at freeway switch toggle schemes with two tones and two volumes but stack them.

I know the first option is doable - it's obviously been done. But, I suspect both the second options are not due to the difficulty of obtaining such pot/switch combos.

In any case, such arrangements strike me as unnecessarily complex for live use.

I don't know about the blending aspect of it, but you can get the series parallel combination, plus some other nifty switching choices.

Actually no, I don't want to go active: I really like the traditional JB sound, and I just wanted to try the possibility to have a series/parallel switch to have something similar to a P bass, as was possible with my Fender Roscoe Beck bass that I unfortunately sold a few years ago...
Have all this with an early 60s JB look (stacked knobs and no visible switch) would be great, and it's what my origina question was about...
thanks!

Back