Could this guy have made a bigger mess of this LPS?

Lucky #7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-double-cut-carved-top-les-paul-body-LPS_W0QQitemZ120259673745QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the "I tried to route a HB cavity with no experience and proceeded to completely jack up my guitar" model. I think asking $275 on a guitar that is going to need some major work and repairs to the finish is absolutely insane.

so thats worth, maybe, MAYBE 50 bucks to someone who is going to plug and fill that god awful hole and refinish the thing in a solid color.  Or maybe do a do it yourself braveheart! :)

I like how he says there is a little blimish in the finish near the new "route".  What I see is a place the drill sliped that runs all the way down to pre cut route.  I just cant figure out how you get to that point.  I mean at some point he had to of thought "oh shit, this isn't working out so well..."

I think he would have better luck if he changed the ebay description to something like: 
"This is a Warmoth LPS body that has been raped by a rutting hedge trimmer.  It was very attractive, and was accidentally left in the garage.  It was nice to the hedge trimmer, and the trimmer took it the wrong way.  One thing lead to another and this is what I found in the morning.  The hedge trimmer belongs to my dad, and he refuses to sell it, and I just can't make this guitar live in the same house with it. "

Haha.  Anyway the body is still OK but it needs a lot of plugging and of course refinishing.  Maybe I'll offer him $50 for it.

I made an offer of $25, maybe I should up it to include a rope to hang himself with.. 

Remind me if I ever come within 500 miles of south setauket to do a 180 and head the other way. I don't think this guy ever heard of a router.. he probably used an ice pick or something. "A few finish blems near the controls" that "should not be visable once the knobs and switches are installed".. Yeah right. if instead of a regular knob you mount the steering wheel of the Titanic.  What's so hard about admitting that you really screwed up this time that makes people pull stunts like this?

NonsenseTele said:
Sh!t! -CB- you are a teacher of shot, please kill the motha-f**** with MUCH PAIN!
Maybe if I offer to trade it for my .45? If he does any work on that he SHOULD probably kill himself in the proces?

ByteFrenzy said:
NonsenseTele said:
Sh!t! -CB- you are a teacher of shot, please kill the motha-f**** with MUCH PAIN!
Maybe if I offer to trade it for my .45? If he does any work on that he SHOULD probably kill himself in the proces?

:laughing7:  I believe he should be so butt-head that he even have not understand the size of the cr@p that he made...
But yes, he should at least have broke his both arms for what he did on that guitar!

Looks like he used an air chisel instead of a router....Borderline blasphemy.....

If someone wants to wipe their butt with $500, thats their choice.  Just don't ask for $275 for whats left after the process.

It looks to me like he did it with a Forstner bit... which I don't think is unreasonable as long as you're careful.  Which he wasn't.

Someone should buy it and take it to these guys:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3276.0

I'd be interested to see what they could do with it.  Hell, they might even be able to save the quilt somehow.

Back