Correct replacement neck for meteora

MeteoraCon

I’m looking to replace the neck on my mim meteora, I figure since it’s 25.5 scale and has a tune-omatic a Jazzmaster neck is the way to go but after searching I haven’t found a definitive answer. Is there any way to check?

From what (little) I can see online, it appears to use standard Strat dimensions, so any Warmoth neck intended for a 25.5" scale body, and with a rounded heel (so not a Tele neck) should be fine.

Safest to check though. Neck should be 2.188" at the widest point of the heel and approx. 18.4" from the body side edge of the nut to the end of the heel - not the end of the fingerboard.

Hi,

This an old topic, but hopefully this will bump it and be the best place to ask...

I also wish to replace my 2019 Alternate Reality Meteora (not the new 2021 ones) with a Warmoth Strat neck. Just measured, and it looks to match the dimensions above. Just wondering if anyone here has actually done it and whether it fit and intonated correctly?

Thanks!

fuzzbucket said:
Hi,

This an old topic, but hopefully this will bump it and be the best place to ask...

I also wish to replace my 2019 Alternate Reality Meteora (not the new 2021 ones) with a Warmoth Strat neck. Just measured, and it looks to match the dimensions above. Just wondering if anyone here has actually done it and whether it fit and intonated correctly?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Given the lack of interest in the thread it is unlikely anyone here has done it. I have not seen anyone mention doing so. If you go ahead perhaps update the thread with your findings.

I see a conventional 22 fret overhang, traditional 4-bolt neck plate, and the specs say 25.5" scale...so if the dimensions are right, it should work.

The Meteora is still too new for anyone to have a definitive answer. Not enough test cases yet.

The only way to know if a Warmoth replacement neck will fit is to measure carefully and compare that to the information here: https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-fit

Another test would be (if you have a strat) is try swapping necks out and see if it works or not. (free and reversible)

Thanks for the input/advice, everyone. Much appreciated. All the dimensions look good, so I'm going to place an order. I picked up the Meteora used, and it's a nice little guitar for its price range. Love the aesthetics, and it's nice to see Fender come up with a fun new (or is it old/unused? I've heard two different stories) design.

I mostly keep it tuned in drop-C for screwing around with doomy stuff -- great for alt tunings with the TOM-style bridge. But since I find myself having so much fun with it, I thought I'd see about putting a neck/frets similar to a Suhr that I have. Life is short, so I may as well be comfortable, right?

I'll try to remember to report back once I've done it and help out the next guy...

My guess is Fender didn't reinvent the proverbial wheel just for this model neck wise, and more likely than not it will fit fine as long as the Meteora has a rounded non tele heel.  :icon_thumright:

Back