Cool Genuine Relic Warmoth on ebay

dmraco

Master Member
Not commenting on the story...just seems like a cool guitar...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LATE-70s-EARLY-80S-CUSTOM-WARMOTH-TELE-TELECASTER-BODY-NECK-w-FENDER-PICKUPS-/251311331787?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a835299cb

$T2eC16NHJHgFFl6cMBBBBR9F-Hnqd!~~60_57.JPG

that actually looks pretty good.  I'd flip the control plate around and match the knobs though.

I'm old enough to remember the ill advised brass infatuation of the 1970's and 80's, but for some inexplicable reason I like that brass pick guard.

That 22nd fret placement looks suspect.  Anyone with a Warmoth Tele 22 fret neck, go look at it.  There's more wood than that after the last fret.  I can't see the fretboard overhang to determine if the excess was trimmed off or a 22nd fret was stuck on the end of a 21 fret neck.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That 22nd fret placement looks suspect.  Anyone with a Warmoth Tele 22 fret neck, go look at it.  There's more wood than that after the last fret.  I can't see the fretboard overhang to determine if the excess was trimmed off or a 22nd fret was stuck on the end of a 21 fret neck.

look at the listing.  The neck is stamped WARMOTH on the heel.

AutoBat said:
that actually looks pretty good.  I'd flip the control plate around and match the knobs though.

Exactly what I was thinking that black knob just looks silly, but that aged brass is kickass.

It's already at over $700 - how much do you think this would go for?

I'd still make my own.

Peace,
Pierre

DMRACO said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:

look at the listing.  The neck is stamped WARMOTH on the heel.

I'm not nitpicking to the legitamacy of it, only that the 22nd fret is a modification.  Look at it.  The frets ends are in the heel radius.

It is pretty cool looking. There's a lot more "ageing" on the neck than playing wear - all finish checking, no hand wear, like a pretty good "relic'er" wanted to see just what would happen to the price with a minimal explanation. I don't remember all those numbers being on old Warmoth parts - just a turtle.

Yeah, somebody's showing off their mad relic'ing skilz. That bridge design looks a bit too modern for a late '70s build. Plus, the whole thing looks too old to be a leftover from that period. To look that aged, it would have to be older. Lots of other indicators. I would call shenanigans, but it's not like he's asking a ridiculous amount of money for it or making any wild claims. It is what it is - an old-looking Tele clone.

Back