Considering a Rosewood top on a Maple bass -- how would it sound?

Mapleg4

I really love the low midrange of my Maple G4. I plan to build another one, maybe next year. I really like Rosewood tops and I wonder if anyone has used woods that are a bit apart in sound toghether, like for example Maple or Ash and Rosewood in one bass.

Yeah, the laminate is like an eighth inch thick. According to Warmoth, it will not affect your tone, or at least it wont affect it enough to be noticeable.

Maple with a Rosewood fretboard is the standard Fender neck equation, so obviously the two woods should work well together. I cant image that a Rosewood laminate on a Maple body would be much different than a Rosewood fretboard on a Maple neck.

It should mellow it slightly.  I'd agree it doesn't have a big effect , but I wouldn't say 0.  I can certainly tell the difference between a n all maple neck and a maple/rosewood as I have both.

The Rosewood top on my thinline is way thicker than a laminate top, and I like to think it has some effect on the tone. Can't be sure though, but it already sounds great when played unplugged. smells great too  :icon_biggrin:

July212008032.jpg

July212008029.jpg

Back