Congratulations SHOWDOWN: May Bass of the Month Winner

GOM

Body: Warmoth Thunderbird, mahogany w/ raised center, tobacco burst finished by Warmoth
Neck: Warmoth 8-string, maple/bubinga, ebony FB with clay dots, finished by me in Danish Oil and wax
Pickups/electronics: GFS MM Alnico humbuckers, passive electronics, series/single/parallel switches
Hardware: Schaller 471 bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners
Other:
Fully shielded control cavity with copper foil
Stainless steel inserts for M4 neck screws
Ebony truss rod cover
rolf1.jpg

rolf2.jpg

Congratulations on a well-deserved win! That's a fine piece of work. Someone who doesn't even play bass could be tempted to start if they could play something like that.

We need some sound clips.  I never really heard an 8 string bass before.

Congrats and well deserved!

I'm not surprised, as I almost didn't enter after seeing yours (and the others as well).

DMRACO said:
We need some sound clips.  I never really heard an 8 string bass before.

Ditto on the sound clips.

I think Tom Petersson's playing an 8-string (or maybe even a 12-string) bass on Cheap Trick's "LIve at Budokan" record.

Beautiful bass, man.  Well done.

Bagman

Some 8-string stuff you may be familiar with:

JPJ used one on Led Zeppelin's Presence album (including Nobody's Fault But Mine, Achilles Last Stand).
John Entwistle on the Who's Trick of the Light (Who Are You) and You (Face Dances), among others.
Chris Squire on Yes' Changes (90125).

Nice bass Showdown.  While not the one I would want the most, I would not turn it down (even with the gold hardware)
You could always go with more coursing and get yourself a 12 string bass
familyof12s.jpg

AutoBat said:
Nice bass Showdown.  While not the one I would want the most, I would not turn it down (even with the gold hardware)
You could always go with more coursing and get yourself a 12 string bass
familyof12s.jpg

is that short scale on the right a Carvin?

Back