completed strat!!!

vanhagar

Finally done, Plays and sounds like a dream!! The combination of this awesome guitar and these hand wound 59 pickups from copperheadpickups.com is just amazing I can't imagine anything better! Rock on everone  :headbang:

Paul.

Lovely. Tell me more about the pickups, I've been considering a set from the copperhead guy for a while.

Natural masked binding done by myself with the help and advice of you guys!! I am very happy with the results, Thanks for the compliments everyone!! The copperhead pickups are wound to vintage specs in your choice of wire or magnet, I have the 59's non reverse mid, With my strat completely shielded with the copper stuff from warmoth they are very quiet and have that wonderful nasely tone in pos two and four, the neck is my favorite, You want your guitar to sound like SRV playing little wing, no problem, really nice bell tone lows with tons of thump without getting all muddy. I have one of his tele bridge pups too and man that thing can scream. Try em out you wont be disapointed. My next warmoth project will have a set of his 67's in it. Can't wait. It's been a pleasure building my strat and chatting with you guys!  :eek:ccasion14:

Paul.

Nice! This axe looks ripe for some strumming, and it sounds like she wails! Really original look, unique combo with that pickguard. Well Done.

I had to flip this around because I wanted to see it better... what does it say on the headstock?

GoDrex said:
I had to flip this around because I wanted to see it better... what does it say on the headstock?

Looks like "paul" something. maybe his last name?

I like the look. Its got an LP vibe to it!

Hey guys! just back from vacation ! the headstock says Paul Stanley, Sir Schmoopy was only one letter off, but then my signature is kinda sloppy! I'm not a kiss fan, That's my name, This guitar does wail, plays like a dream. Thanks for the compliments !!

Paul

Sorry Tfarny, didn't mean to miss your question. The finish is light cherry on top and a dark red on the back separated with a natural masked binding, then two coats of deft danish oil, then 14 coats of deft clear gloss, sanded with #1000 grit automotive wet dry, then buffed with shellewax, the neck is done the same except with several more coats of color to try to match it to the body. I love this guitar and the hand wound copperhead pickups are amazing ! This guitar sounds and feels alive!

Paul.

Back