COMPLETED ! ! !: One Fine Strat

buckallred

She's looking good, if I do say so myself ! ! !

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

Hey, you don't have to say so yourself, I'll do it for ya.  That is one fine looking strat!  I like the look of the maple with the lighter burst body, is that a honeyburst?  Anyway, she's a looker. Let us see the finished product! :hello2:

I am putting in cream-colored lace sensor hot golds, and the pickguard is a parchment/off-white color. Lighter in color than the pickups though.

I hope the pickguard looks good, but if the color is off, no big deal or expense to get another one.

Thanks for the compliments, I am very excited about it. I somehow managed to screw up by ordering tuners that are too large for the tuner holes, so it's off to the hardware store for sandpaper and Dremel parts for me!

Chrome hardware. I received the pickguard yesterday, will post pics of it all installed soon.

It really turned out even nicer than I hoped. . .

can't wait to get it setup and see how it sounds.

Still not finished, but I must say I am very pleased with the look!!

Parchment/off-white pickguard with cream-colored Lace Sensor Golds.

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

There's a mispriced cherry burst on the Showcase, but you have to buy it NOW that I've pointed out it's mispriced before Gregg reads this:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=PS1280&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

$299!!!!!

jackthehack said:
There's a mispriced cherry burst on the Showcase, but you have to buy it NOW that I've pointed out it's mispriced before Gregg reads this:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=PS1280&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

$299!!!!!

LOL... I've seen that one and didn't even notice.

Phrygian said:
Is that an amber dyed top?  What's the back color?  Looks awesome.

I bought it used off ebay. I believe the color is properly called amber. The back is also amber, though it is obviously alder rather than the flame maple cap.

Appreciate the compliments. I am very excited to get it setup and running! It really did turn out better than I expected.

Hey Buckallred,  Your strat is looking great.  Mine is a cherry burst hardtail,  but we have the parchment pickguard and pickup covers in common.  I find the bright of "white" colored components to be ultra cheesey, and, like you, went for something new that looked a little "aged".  Anyway,  I really dig the strat, man!

hey Louie (and jack),

thanks for the kind words. I thought about converting it to a hardtail, and may do so in the future. There's at least 1 "conversion" hardtail bridge out there that basically covers up the bridge cavity.

I'd love to see pics of your cherryburst strat. Warmoth does excellent, excellent work on the finishes of their guitars. And the vintage/parchment pickguard/pu covers really looks sharp, really even better than I hoped. Sorry for "copying" you, but you don't see to many out there with this look!

-BA

Back