Clear wood finish L5 body & neck

seagulc

My custom guitar body and neck arrived the other day. It's gonna be a sweet jazz box. Maple back with rosewood top on the body, neck, and headstock.

guitar001.jpg

guitar009.jpg

guitar012.jpg

guitar013.jpg

guitar014.jpg

that's very cool - I like the dark and light contrast - - also no dots is always cool in my book :icon_thumright:

Yeah!! Love it. Wish it had the second f-hole... but I'll like  :laughing7:
What pickups??

That is perfect!!
Great top, and nice sexy naked fb!
I would have gone for the staggered holes.. don't like the sad face pattern ;)

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I was going to go for 2 f-holes but didn't want to have to drill my own pot holes, I'm actually happy I only got one f-hole though. I think with the body size being not too much bigger than an LP 2 f-holes would look a bit crammed. For the pickups I'm getting Vintage Vibe humbucker sized Charlie Christians.

To be honest playing without any dots might take me a little getting used to, i have a bad habit of leaning forward when I play and looking at the fretboard, so this will help me kick that. Also it might be a hassle for music lessons since my teacher won't be able to see what fret im playing on easily (by the way I hate trying to figure out what someone is playing, everything looks reversed and it drives me crazy.. maybe I just have no spatial senses - does anyone else have this problem?)

however i think it looks way better so ill deal with it

seagulc said:
To be honest playing without any dots might take me a little getting used to, i have a bad habit of leaning forward when I play and looking at the fretboard, so this will help me kick that. Also it might be a hassle for music lessons since my teacher won't be able to see what fret im playing on easily (by the way I hate trying to figure out what someone is playing, everything looks reversed and it drives me crazy.. maybe I just have no spatial senses - does anyone else have this problem?)

however i think it looks way better so ill deal with it

You just need to pick up some left-handed pupils. It's like looking in a mirror!

thumb55 said:
there need's to be a no dots club!

I've built 5 guitars and have just ordered parts for my sixth...my first was made with Showcase parts, and I happened on a reverse CBS birdseye neck with no face dots.  Ever since they all come without face dots.  Face dots are traditional but a bit unsightly to me now.  (Still do the side dots).

The real trick is to see if I can goad myself into trying unlined fretless...now that is a bit scarier!  :D

Back