Cleaning out the closet...

Rickgrxbass

I'll get some pics up when my own internets are working (blagging from S*bucks right now) I quit being lazy

Upon reviewing my closet full of guitar parts, there are some things which I probably don't need anymore, figure I'd give you guys first dibs before resorting to fleaBay:

Seymour Duncan P-rails (SHPR-1 N and B), black
Leads are trimmed probably a bit short; was briefly installed on a PRS. "probably" still have the rings/screws/springs. If you get the recommended triple-shot rings it's probably a moot point, but still...
(Edit- can't find the damn rings and screws.)
$150 shipped

Mostly loaded Fender Strat pickguard, HH, black/white/black
From my MIM strat which has subsequently been upgraded. Two Fender humbuckers, five-way switch, v-t-t (although paradoxically there is no capacitor on the distal tone pot???). Missing knobs, switch tip, installation screws as well as four of the six humbucker height adjustment screws (all those were cannibalized for the new pickguard).
$50 shipped

Fender MIM bridge plate and saddles, with mounting screws, no trem block, springs, or whang bar (again, cannibalized).
$20 shipped

Warmoth 8-string fretless bass neck
Maple/bubinga/Maple neck, lined ebony FB, no face dots, looks like tru-oil finish on the back (or I'm a dilettante and it's satin nitro), gloss black peghead veneer. Includes chrome GB7 style tuners (might not actually be gotohs), nut, AND schaller chrome 8-string bridge, although I'll be honest, the nut and bridge might not be cut correctly (NOT my handiwork, mind you, I got this used...). A niche piece, to be sure. I guess this is where I'd mention the W builder puts the neck at almost $500, not including any hardware.
$300 shipped

If the neck has a clear nitro finish from Warmoth there will be a red dot on the heel.

Nope, no dot. must be a homebrew finish. I'll take that into consideration "if" there's any interest;  otherwise it'll end up being an adventure in "how to re-attach frets to a fretless neck"  :icon_scratch:

Rickgrxbass said:
v-t-t (although paradoxically there is no capacitor on the distal tone pot???)

Typically only one capacitor is used in switched two-tone setups, as using two would cause the cutoff frequency of the filter to drop, as the capacitance increased when both tones were switched into the circuit.
If wired in typical fashion, there should be a single capacitor connected to two pots, with one pole of the pickup selector switch selecting between the two pots. That way when both are used, the capacitance in the circuit is only changed by the interaction of the LCR of the selected pickup coils.

line6man said:
Rickgrxbass said:

Typically only one capacitor is used in switched two-tone setups, as using two would cause the cutoff frequency of the filter to drop, as the capacitance increased when both tones were switched into the circuit.
If wired in typical fashion, there should be a single capacitor connected to two pots, with one pole of the pickup selector switch selecting between the two pots. That way when both are used, the capacitance in the circuit is only changed by the interaction of the LCR of the selected pickup coils.

:icon_scratch: Okay, that makes sense. I guess I've just never wired a Strat from scratch and never noticed that. I do however seem to remember that knob not doing a damn thing.

Rick wants a snarky new name too said:
line6man said:
Rickgrxbass said:

:icon_scratch: Okay, that makes sense. I guess I've just never wired a Strat from scratch and never noticed that. I do however seem to remember that knob not doing a damn thing.

It should only work in positions two, three and four, but it should indeed do something. :blob7:
Post a picture.

Well, I finally got some pictures of my dog blanket the stuff I don't want/need currently...

First up, the neck; Looks like the Showcase has me undersold right now, so it'll have to be $250 shipped, again, that's with the nut, bridge and tuners:
bassparts010-1.jpg

bassparts011.jpg

Some nice gray chocolate striping in the ebony:
bassparts013.jpg

"Hey, let's just cut all 8 slots the same distance apart"  :tard:
bassparts019.jpg

bassparts018.jpg

Yes, one of the intonation screw heads broke off, still servicable...
bassparts017.jpg

bassparts014.jpg

bassparts015.jpg

And finally, the all-important turtle:
bassparts016.jpg

Mercifully, not as many pics of the rest of the stuff;
I guess I'll put this out there, this was the body that came attached to the neck.

Dinky P, carved top, flame maple on mahogany, black accent line, clear gloss, contoured heel, countersunk washers.
Drilled for Schaller 463.
Missing the control plate screws, not sure what happened to them.
Includes the pickups (EMG35 DCs), I'm pretty sure they both work, although only the bridge pickup was functioning when I received it.

The builder puts this at $735 without the pickups; I'd need $500 as it sits.

bassparts003.jpg

bassparts001.jpg

bassparts002.jpg

Duncan P-rails, pretty straightforward. No mounting hardware, and the leads are a touch short. Shouldn't be a big deal if you use the Triple shot rings.

bassparts021.jpg

bassparts020.jpg

Here's a bit of an oddity; some vintage (80's? I dunno) Schaller BML bass tuners, in black, with a Y-key, and engraved with Gibson instead of Schaller or Fender  :icon_scratch:  Missing one screw.

$100 for the set

bassparts024.jpg

bassparts023.jpg

Indeed, they're from Deutchland:
bassparts025.jpg

Posts are a little worn, nothing out of the ordinary, still turn smooth:
bassparts022.jpg

Finally, not Warmoth at all, but I just bought its slightly more grown-up brother on eBay, so he's gotta move out:

Yep, it's a DeArmond Pilot V. J-style pickups, active electronics. A nice sounding bass, actually.
Unfortunately it's not very valuable, I'd be comfortable letting it go for $125, in the box.

If nothing else, it's good for using to program your CNC to make a nicer bass

Edit- just traded this and another bass in for a Bassbone, so nevermind.

Back