Cherry Bomb

Pharos

Hey guys!

Finally had time to get this monster going. Had to wait for the last of the parts to come in. I was hoping to be able to build the whole thing myself, but there were a lot of fitment issues so I had a luthier near me do some of the work. I'm just about done with the wiring so it should be done soon!

Here are the out of the box pics and getting the wiring going:

Attachments

• Neck 1.jpg
    Neck 1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Wiring 1.jpg
    Wiring 1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Control Cavity.jpg
    Control Cavity.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Body 2.jpg
    Body 2.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Body 1.jpg
    Body 1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Neck back 1.jpg
    Neck back 1.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2
Just got it finished! Snapped a couple quick pics for now. I have to say, I've been lucky enough to own or play a lot of very nice basses over the years from builders like Modulus, Warwick, Pedulla, Fodera, M Bass, and others, and this is hands down the best sounding bass I've ever played. With the combination of the custom pickups and the bubinga fingerboard, this thing sounds like an original Music Man and an old Rickenbacker 4001 had a love child, but better.

Attachments

• Cherry Bomb top 2.jpg
    Cherry Bomb top 2.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Cherry Bomb top 3.jpg
    Cherry Bomb top 3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Cherry Bomb top 1.jpg
    Cherry Bomb top 1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Cherry Bomb headstock.jpg
    Cherry Bomb headstock.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Cherry Bomb neck back.jpg
    Cherry Bomb neck back.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 3
Wow, man that thing looks magical.  It has that "look" of just like magic.  Hard to describe.  Congratulations.  Beautiful work.

Thanks a lot, guys! I appreciate it. Once I settle on which string gauges work best with it, I'll record some stuff.

Back