Check out my VIP...

J_Ferr

Posted some in the Just out the Box but had to post the finished product on here as well so you all can check out my amazing VIP.

Body: Swamp Ash Body with Flame Maple Top
        - With the recessed control positions
        - With custom cut 5 way switch

Neck: Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard (Mother of Pearl Inlays)
        - Schaller Locking Tuners

PRS Swamp Ash Special Beck and Bridge Pickups
Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails For middle pick up
Coil Tapping push pull in the neck
Hipshot Floating Trem (AMAZING)

Cool! Very nice top. Should be more like a strat than a LP with those woods. What's the scale on the neck? Hipshots always seem to get slightly awed reviews :)

I play various stuff... Usually a more rocky style than anything but also some of big, U2 delay kinda stuff so the guitar fits my needs.

It actually doesn't sound much like a strat, some of the settings have it sounding like one, but for the most part not really. One thing I love about it is that when it's played clean it sounds CLEAN! Like every note rings and sounds amazing.

As for the Hipshot. So far I like it. I read a lot on it before I got it and some people complained about the springs not being enough, so far I think the 3 springs provided work fine. I'm not a heavy tremolo user though but it's extremely responsive when I do use it. So, so far I have no complaints about it.

Dude, Awesome VIP!  I really dig your build, great job! I built my first VIP about 5-6 months ago, and love it!  :headbang:

I love mine too... Still trying to find the right freakin hard case for it though! What kind of case did you get for yours?

Oh dude, I have an AWESOME hard-case that my buddy from my local guitar shop hooked me up with, I *think* it's an ibanez case, I'll post some pics for you, and find out for sure, but it's the perfect case for the VIP shape.

Thanks metalman... I'll be sure to look for the case... Right now I'm carrying it around in a soft case which I hate doing. So I'll check out that site you sent the link to. And btw, your VIP was one of the ones that helped me decide on the VIP body and the recessed knobs... So thanks again!

No problem man, thanks for the comliments!  :headbang:

I use a Road Runner hard shell, model # RRME07.  The foam is a little snug around the body at first, so give it a little push in and then it will form perfectly around it.  I think I paid like $80 at Guitar Center for it.

Back