charvel/jackson inspired warmoths

Let's see some pics!  I've got a Charvel-inspired rear-routed Strat body being made.  I'd like to see how yours turned out!

rescue94 said:
I've been trying but I can't seem to get my pics up. I'll try again.
here they are. thanks for the advice but I reduced the size of the pics to make 'em fit. at least something is too big to fit.

Marko said:
Great Guitars!
I love the one with the Korina body! nice burst!
thanks, Marko. It's one heavy guitar. I didn't know korina was that heavy but, weight wise, a Les Paul's nothing compared to that chunk of wood. Here's a clip of it.

cool clips :) I'd back off the reverb a tad, but otherwise they sound awesome :headbang:

GoDrex said:
cool clips :) I'd back off the reverb a tad, but otherwise they sound awesome :headbang:
Thanks Drex but if I back off of the reverb, how else am I going to hide my mistakes?

Thanks - btw I didn't say to get rid of the 'verb completely. I guess I like a little bit less of it. It works well on the "Little Guitars" bit though. :)

GoDrex said:
Thanks - btw I didn't say to get rid of the 'verb completely. I guess I like a little bit less of it. It works well on the "Little Guitars" bit though. :)
All comments appreciated, Drex, especially because I'm starting to get into recording a little bit and you obviously know how to put a song together. The reverb that's in those clips comes from the cakewalk reverb preset called symphonic. I'm pretty new to recording and that suited my purpose because I only mic'd the dry signal coming out of the marshall w/the reverb coming out of a twin reverb wet. The reverb was not picked up by the mic so that's the reason I added it in later. I'd like to mic the twin reverb and set it so dry is on left, wet is on right like those old vh recordings but I'm only using one mic right now.

Kataar said:
wow, whats your gear? Im liking that sound  :icon_thumright:

thanks, kataar. I bought this david bray modded marshall 1987x off ebay. it runs through avatar 2x12 (v30, g12h30). it's dry and i use an a/b box to use my twin reverb solely as a wet signal for the reverb.

jimh said:
Great sound.  Proper Van Halen style.  Very cool.

+1 for the pics
thanks,jimh. here's some more (if you're not sick of guys playin' vh licks as old as they are).

Copy and paste the 'dry' track so you have two, pan them hard left and right, and add reverb to one track only. Adjust relative volume to vary amount of reverb. Lots of other fun ways, but that's one recording trick that works.

tfarny said:
Copy and paste the 'dry' track so you have two, pan them hard left and right, and add reverb to one track only. Adjust relative volume to vary amount of reverb. Lots of other fun ways, but that's one recording trick that works.
that's a really good idea thanks. Sometimes I think I lack good ol' common sense. I'll try that and let you know.

Your quilt top soloist looks great!  This is my carved top version, I think we have similar taste!

Back