charged card immediately?

S

swarfrat

I seem to recall charging the card USED to mean something was getting ready to ship. But my card was charged the day after I ordered. Does it at least mean that the build has begun?  My neck is no finish (yay, #1 reason for raw necks... screw bare naked wood and all that. Less wait time once you drop the hammer!!)

What do you mean "Off the Menu". I had some unusual options, but they were all menu selections.  Nothing entered in the 'notes' section if that's what you mean.  Baritones are kinda limited in menu options anyway. (Or I woulda got a skinny nut. But no 1 5/8 option for baritones... that's probably the ONE thing I would change if I had the option)

Roast Maple. Ebony. Fatback. 6150 Gold Frets. No Inlays. No nut, no finish.

No inlays skips a step. Gold frets just a different choice (assuming that they don't batch them up - because it's easier to do a bunch of stainless, or they just hate doing them.. etc...  Fatback is a different program, but it's not a common profile. Whether that matters or not depens on the manufacturing process, but I doubt it as there are no roast baritone anythings in the showcase.

I was charged immediately when I ordered my body and neck. I think they'd want to secure the funds to prevent the possibility of doing two months worth of work and then the card get declined and get stuck with the body/neck and be out money.

I think I've always been charged right away the past year or so that I have been ordering from Warmoth.

Pharos said:
I was charged immediately when I ordered my body and neck. I think they'd want to secure the funds to prevent the possibility of doing two months worth of work and then the card get declined and get stuck with the body/neck and be out money.
Indeed. They're not Amazon. I've always been charged straight away, both for custom orders and showcase items.

Indeed. It makes business sense.  When someone orders a 7 string baritone purple heart / ziricote 2" wide left handed wizard 7" radius scalloped bound pink skull inlay neck, it means that two very nice and unusual pieces of wood are getting pulled and it's gonna sit for a VERY long time if the ordered were to be cancelled, or it had to be discarded as seconds...

ps9093a.jpg

sn17896a.jpg

These are the oldest strat body and oldest strat neck sorted by date:
Actually that rosewood / quilt piece (sn17896)  is nice, pretty, and not at all as whimsical at my example. It's just too pretty, pricey and unique for just any ol' build. No reason to blow that one out. The 8-ball.... it's not bad, I just don't want a lefty 8-ball.

Still, hopefully it means that there is a physical piece of wood with my name on it, and it's not just a number in the system.

I always get charged immediately, have been for years, and I don't mind a bit. For one thing, we're both taking a risk so there has to be some mutual trust involved. Secondly, I don't want my CC to look like it has a balance available that it really doesn't. That would be the case if they waited until ship time to charge me. I'd think I have credit left when I don't, maybe spend it, then get nailed for stupidity. Or, maybe not get my part(s).

OTOH I recently returned a body, and my card was credited immediately. The same day!
So, I guess it all equals out. :laughing7:

I've been ordering for years & my card is charged as soon as I put in my order & then I receive my goods usually 5-8 weeks later.

Back