Celebrity Musicians YOU have met . . .

RLW said:
I backed into Ron Wood's limo after attending his book-signing appearance in Houston back in the 90's. While his driver was cussing me out, Ron just glanced at me at said "Scat!" I took his advice. As liquor had been pretty freely flowing at the event, I just accepted it as a random act of kindness from one brother drunkard to another.

If anyone starts a sports personality thread, I have an Elvin Bethea story that's mildly humorous.

Good to see you posting again, Rich.  I hope this is the first step in your life returning to normal.  :icon_thumright:

jimh, Ted, Wyliee, Tony the flying squirrel, Gregg, Rightintheface, Leo F Ken Warmoth  :cool01:

My buddy Doc wrote...

"Good to see you posting again, Rich.  I hope this is the first step in your life returning to normal."

It was just such a pleasure to wake up this morning and be able to lie there for a while, and not have to get in my car and begin the daily search for ice. It's taking some re-adjustment, I still reach for the flashlight every few minutes, and I haven't quite grasped that the light switches now work. I cannot imagine what the folks in Galveston are going through right now, it has to be literally hell on Earth.

RLW said:
My buddy Doc wrote...

"Good to see you posting again, Rich.  I hope this is the first step in your life returning to normal."

It was just such a pleasure to wake up this morning and be able to lie there for a while, and not have to get in my car and begin the daily search for ice. It's taking some re-adjustment, I still reach for the flashlight every few minutes, and I haven't quite grasped that the light switches now work. I cannot imagine what the folks in Galveston are going through right now, it has to be literally hell on Earth.

Glad to hear things are looking up, so to speak. 

kreig said:
to DangerousR6 -

"Kreig, I too was at that meet and great, for VH 3, it was at the "Billboard Live".

Yup , I thought it was in 97' . . . can't find my T-shirt , or flight stubs to confirm . 
and they said Billboard Live was Ben Gazzara's  . . . and he never let them play there when they started .
I was the one who started chanting "Gary , Gary , Gary . . . " , my friend saw Valerie there, but I did'nt. A local yokel there, gave us directions where VH mansion was supposedly at on the other side of the Hills there , and he said there was a building in the back
and he said you could hear him practice at times, so fer shites in giggles we went anyway .
Went to Hollywood Guitar Center and they had Eddie's Franken strat on display , and SRV guitar, the one he used before the strats.
the one with is name inlayed in the neck .

I was the smart , good-looking one there , and you ?   :laughing3:

This is a pic of me and my wife with the boys from the meet and greet...Eddie was smoking and burned my wifes leg with the cig..
VH3.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
kreig said:
to DangerousR6 -

"Kreig, I too was at that meet and great, for VH 3, it was at the "Billboard Live".

Yup , I thought it was in 97' . . . can't find my T-shirt , or flight stubs to confirm . 
and they said Billboard Live was Ben Gazzara's  . . . and he never let them play there when they started .
I was the one who started chanting "Gary , Gary , Gary . . . " , my friend saw Valerie there, but I did'nt. A local yokel there, gave us directions where VH mansion was supposedly at on the other side of the Hills there , and he said there was a building in the back
and he said you could hear him practice at times, so fer shitees in giggles we went anyway .
Went to Hollywood Guitar Center and they had Eddie's Franken strat on display , and SRV guitar, the one he used before the strats.
the one with is name inlayed in the neck .

I was the smart , good-looking one there , and you ?   :laughing3:

This is a pic of me and my wife with the boys from the meet and greet...Eddie was smoking and burned my wifes leg with the cig..
VH3.jpg

That not nice LOL

Pinetop Perkins was just wanderin' around the blues festival after his set

Phil Keaggy - several times, amazingly before I met my wife, she hosted him and the boys at her family's farmhouse in upstate NY for a nice chicken dinner

Tommy Smothers (he does play gitfiddle!), in an elevator in Tampa when he did a gig at the old Curtis Dixon center there.  I had him totally off his rocker... it was GREAT...!~

Matt "Guitar" Murphy - very cool cat

How about this guy,does he count?...he showed up at the transient dock at my marina during happy hour.They docked up for the night.Drank lots of red wine.No sax though.And did not bring his wife.Very cool guy.

P8310019.jpg

Cheers.

Chris Squire and Allen White bumped into me at a show in the mid 90's out side the venue. Saw them at the Caberet in San Jose as the "Chris Squire Experiment" with Billy Sherwood.

Also got to toast Allen Holdsworth as he bought a beer at the bar in the same place at another show.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
Chris Squire and Allen White bumped into me at a show in the mid 90's out side the venue. Saw them at the Caberet in San Jose as the "Chris Squire Experiment" with Billy Sherwood.

Also got to toast Allen Holdsworth as he bought a beer at the bar in the same place at another show.

Brian
Alan White lives in the Seattle area now ,in the Bellevue area . . . a buddy of mine exchanged some of his contractor skills for some recording time at Alan's home studio.

Dang, I almost forgot!  I was playing bass at some little dive in rural Durham county for a blues open mic and this black guy shows up and asks to play my bass.  I handed it over and he rocked the house...  Played some really great blues tunes.  I found out later it was Aaron Mills-- the bassist for Cameo.  You remember "Word Up??"  And the irony is that I had just been learning some old Cameo bass line and would have asked him some questions about it if he had stuck around.  Anyway, he seemed like a super nice guy.  I guess he lives around here somewhere.

JBD

bpmorton777 said:

Brian

What was Chris like???

He seems like a really cool guy, even though I am really really pissed off with him now :(

@ Marko

Didnt talk to either of them, they were walking through the line of people waiting to get inside of the Caberet so they could get to the stage. The pics here are ones I took cause they were letting people take in camers.

why is Chris pissing you off ? He always seemed pretty gregarious to me.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
@ Marko

Didnt talk to either of them, they were walking through the line of people waiting to get inside of the Caberet so they could get to the stage. The pics here are ones I took cause they were letting people take in camers.

why is Chris pissing you off ? He always seemed pretty gregarious to me.

Brian

You missed it?
Well, first of all, the fact that they are doing a judas priest! in other words, they hired a tribute singer to replace Jon Anderson while he is recovering from his health problems (check the announcement on yesworld.com)
2. Once I got used to the idea, I read the notice on Jon's website (jonanderson.com) stating that they didn't even get in touch with him, asked him for permission or even called him while he was sick. looks like he was planning to be ready to tour in 09
3. when I finally got over my tantrum and decided to go and see my 3 favorite musicians play anyway, I found out that they are completely skipping the south central US on their tour!

ok, well maybe that last one may not be their fault, but it still pisses me off...

Back