celaestion rola speakers

crow55

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATCHED-PAIR-ROLA-CELESTION-12-G12-G-12-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ260279107525QQihZ016QQcategoryZ119019QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is this the speakers that were used in the old marshall basketweaves?

how old are the basket weaves? the celestions that say Rola on the were made from 1970 until 1980 - I think not sure about the exact date. From what I've read, the rola and pre-rola thing is mainly about collectors- meaning the sound and/or quality of the speakers didn't change.

so would i look for something like these if i wanted a early 70's sound(speaker wise, not amp tone)?

sure - if you want to take a chance on 30-40 year old speakers. I personally wouldn't do it. If it were me I'd get new celestions or some hellatone ones from avatar.

GoDrex said:
sure - if you want to take a chance on 30-40 year old speakers. I personally wouldn't do it. If it were me I'd get new celestions or some hellatone ones from avatar.

Yep.  I once bought a set of 12" goodmans from the late 60's.  They lasted about a month at moderate volume, then the voice coils gave up.

IMHO, get a set of new celestions, or the eminance equivalents

mayfly said:
GoDrex said:

Yep.  I once bought a set of 12" goodmans from the late 60's.  They lasted about a month at moderate volume, then the voice coils gave up.

IMHO, get a set of new celestions, or the eminance equivalents

Celestion Vintage 30s.

Back