carved top tele

magnet513

i love telecasters but one that really caught my eye was a carved top schecter blackjack tele. i cant find one anywhere except a rare guitar website so i really want to build one.

Oh, brother.  We here at Unofficial Warmoth have a rather large contingency who have made  this request loudly and often.  I think the only reason they haven't made them yet is because the know that, for some of us anyway, if we had a carved top Tele, we might not want to build any more guitars.  We might just be done.  Well, let me tell you, it isn't true.  I would want three or four carved top Teles.  I won't even go into detail about what I might do for one.  Let's just say that I would hop a plane to Puyallup, and, well, there would be some very clean houses and cars and some very shiny shoes.  :icon_thumright:

Oh yeah, and +1.

Join the club!
this has been in the top 3 of our collective wish/suggestion list for the last 2 years  :icon_biggrin:
I also would like an f-hole option for it :)

Marko said:
Join the club!
this has been in the top 3 of our collective wish/suggestion list for the last 2 years  :icon_biggrin:

yeah the f- hole would do it for me.

what are the other two things in the top 3?

magnet513 said:
i love telecasters but one that really caught my eye was a carved top schecter blackjack tele. i cant find one anywhere except a rare guitar website so i really want to build one.

I sent you a PM with a link.

I don't actually think there's anything wrong with just posting it - http://www.usacustomguitars.com/ctt.html
Honest competition and all, you know? I would love it if big W would muscle in on some of this action, though.  :icon_biggrin:

+1

I'm considering a carved-top tele for my next build, and would prefer to get it through Warmoth if possible.  Would love to see that option offered.

magnet513 said:
Marko said:
Join the club!

yeah the f- hole would do it for me.

what are the other two things in the top 3?

hm lets see..
- another semi hollow type body in addition to the L5s, Mainly double cutaway -> ES335, 175, starcaster, Coronado have been mentioned.
- F holes on  LP's and VIPs - We have already seen them on a VIP Prototype, so we are getting close.
- Bound Headstocks
- Carved top L5s

and much more :)

magnet513 said:
USACG and Warmoth are basically the same in price and quality but Warmoth has way more options 

don't forget that they are not licensed by Fender.. so no real accurate headstocks.
I also don't think they do a lot of exotic neck woods.. if any

They use the same neck pocket - buy a W neck with the USACG carved tele body if W won't make them. And post your pics!

Yeah, I like tfarny's idea... once I have my VIP (if I ever get one) I'd love to do a super tele project with carved top and f-holes, thanks for the USACG link, man :icon_thumright:

I have to say I've never seen the appeal of a carved-top Tele. They just don't look good to me. I've seen some of the Schecters and they just look... wrong, somehow.

Kramer was doing Carved Top humbucker equipped Teles in 80s and early 90s.  I think Izzy Stradlin is playing one, or something similar- ESP maybe, complete w/Floyd, in the GnR "Sweet Child..." video.

This song was nice the first 1,000,000 times, just turn the audio down.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oobDQ0vdm8M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oobDQ0vdm8M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I know there are carved top Tele's out there, I just want a Warmoth carved top Tele.

Back