Carnay Bloodwood Bassneck - Just out of the Box

Greg P

And holy crap it looks great!  I just snapped a couple really fast pictures, but the Canary wood is unreal.  It has every color from dark red to light yellow in it.  It will look incredible finished.  And the bloodwood is very dramatic.  It kind of overshadows the body.  Again, I didn't take any time to make some good photos, but this is a neck that photos wouldn't do justice to.

headstock.jpg

fretboardandheadstock.jpg

that is a super piece of canary .hey how dose the canary feel ive never felt it before is it simular to parafuro in textur . thanks kayle

what's the weight of this - is it significantly heavier than a standard Maple neck?

all the best,

R

I'm not really sure about the weight or how it compares.  It doesn't seem particularly heavy  I want to say it was 3.5 pounds...the shipping weight was four pounds, according to the box.  Here's a couple more pics with the neck on the body. 

P1010004.JPG

P1010002.JPG

I love that Body too,  The neck is aesome too, Both pieces look awesome, but I dont think they go together,  Is it too late to build two guitars?

Or maybe I need to adjust my monitor?

John

Very nice!  I've been looking at the same combo as a possible project soon.  I hope you'll let us know how the tone is soon!!  Sweeeet! 

Mike

Alfang said:
I love that Body too,  The neck is aesome too, Both pieces look awesome, but I dont think they go together,  Is it too late to build two guitars?

Or maybe I need to adjust my monitor?

John

please adjust the monitor.

vic108 said:
Love that neck/fretboard!

Nice choice!

Can't wait to see what it looks like completed!

Your wish is my command!  Pics are in the bass gallery here:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1009.0

Edit:  I couldn't resist.  Here is teaser pic

DSCF0604-1-1.jpg

Back