Caramel and Chocolate

willyk

Swamp ash and rosewood, caramel and chocolate. :icon_scratch:
My drummers little girl came up with the description, she's only four. The bridge pickup is a JB and the neck a SD Hot P90. The color came out as I'd hoped. I used clear satin "Cabothane" with some stain mixed in that I had left over from a maple neck I put on my fiesta P bass. I don't know if I will leave it as is or play around some more. It's a nice simple guitar to tear to pieces.

And before you ask how does it sound?......Upside Down! :evil4: :evil4: :icon_jokercolor:

The first pic. is truer to the real color, I'll shoot some outside 1st chance

Attachments

• gb0031.JPG
    gb0031.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • gb0032.JPG
    gb0032.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 836
I really like that willy - nice job!

how come you didn't go for a wrapover birdge?

Ted said:
I really like that willy - nice job!

how come you didn't go for a wrapover birdge?

I already have a couple of guitars with wrapover bridges and I wanted this one to be different to other LP types, hence the strat hardtail.

dm251z said:
beautiful...get some headstock pictures, please :kewlpics:

here ya go...there's a couple taken outside today too. Aussie weather's a b*tch ain't it :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• gb0036.JPG
    gb0036.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 622
  • gb0037.JPG
    gb0037.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 577
  • gb0040.JPG
    gb0040.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 758
  • gb0042.JPG
    gb0042.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 707
Man... How many guitars you make is how many beautifull guitars come to life... ;)
Keep going!

(Do you sell that guitars or are they ordered before you build?)

I really like the look of this guitar...good work.
The only thing I would change is having the pickups matching colours - but I think that is more of a personal thing. Still looks fantastic.

willyk said:
dm251z said:

here ya go...there's a couple taken outside today too. Aussie weather's a b*tch ain't it :icon_biggrin:

Isn't it like the dead of winter down there?  Or does it never get cold in Australia..

dbw said:
willyk said:
dm251z said:

Isn't it like the dead of winter down there?  Or does it never get cold in Australia..
You hit the nail on the head.

It may get a bit chilly, but then you only need a coat and is fine. Today still winter, i was walkin' around in a T shirt and shorts.

Back