Can someone enlighten me on the meaning of the phrase GAS'd?

GAS is Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Gassing on something means you had three thoughts, in order,
1 Want it
2 Bought it
3 Should I?

Thank you.
Now I understand that its not my fault. I have a disease.

My Name is Aaron, And I am a Gasser

knucklehead G said:
GAS is Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Gassing on something means you had three thoughts, in order,
1 Want it
2 Bought it
3 Should I?

That and the obsession to aquire as much gear as you can. Guitars, pedals, amps etc.

He who dies with the most Gear, Wins!    I think jackthehack is winning but I'm not sure, he's got like 20 warmoths

kboman said:
Jack, Orpheo or Death by Uberschall. Those guys...!

Orpheo is the one with 20 shades of  Warmoth LP guitars, right?  :icon_biggrin:

DbU has the most awesome rack & amp setup amongst us I think.  :icon_scratch:

And I think there's more than one forumite here who builds basses or guitars for a living too, so their postings look like they have a heap of gear, but really they are just showing their latest work for someone else.

kboman said:

Yeah, those guys are proof that I'm not an addict.  Along the same lines, Keith Richards is proof that I'm not an alcoholic (sadly, he's also proof that I'm not a guitar player. )

Jet-Jaguar said:
kboman said:

Yeah, those guys are proof that I'm not an addict.  Along the same lines, Keith Richards is proof that I'm not an alcoholic (sadly, he's also proof that I'm not a guitar player. )

No, the moment you picked up a guitar and decided it was for you, you became an addict. If the urges haven't hit you yet, trust me, they will.
MULLY

You would not be on this forum if you didn't suffer from GAS :glasses9:

My GAS is stifled by my lack of funds.
I think if I had an unlimited pot, I'd just buy Thomann and Warmoth and be done with it  :icon_biggrin:

Panthur said:
My GAS is stifled by my lack of funds.
I think if I had an unlimited pot, I'd just buy Thomann and Warmoth and be done with it   :icon_biggrin:

You know, I'm glad I don't have unlimited cash. If I did I could buy any guitar I want, and there are a lot of them, but I surely wouldn't enjoy them as much as I do now.
MULLY
Screw it, I wanna be rich!!

Back