Can anyone show me your Sunset Orange finish (any type of guitar)?

Christian Jones

Hey guys, I went looking through the gallery when I was board and now I'm here planning a guitar. Does anyone have any kind of guitar finished in Warmoth's Sunset Orange finish you can show me? I found a jazz bass online finished in that color (pic) and honestly I wish it was a bit darker orange but idk, I could maybe like it if I can see some other stuff in that finish..

Attachments

• pzjjwrpef7jv5y5kdwur.jpg
    pzjjwrpef7jv5y5kdwur.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 458
It's a basic orange dye, designed to give the feel of the old orange Gretsch, a la the Tennessee Gentleman. IMHO, it looks best over a strong grain like ash.

Here's a whole listing with pics on Reverb, mahogany ...
https://reverb.com/item/12580160-warmoth-velocity-2017-transparent-sunset-orange

lqksur7xe8ckxyud7dvy.jpg

A Showcase listing, alder...
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=2&Path=Telecaster&i=PT8384

PT8384C.jpg

Someone's build page, maple over ash...
https://chasingguitars.com/gretschcaster-project/

GTbody03.jpg

FWIW, when I was re-searching colors for my Swamp Ash Strat build, I came up on the below image of a Satin Sunset Orange in Warmoth's showcase:

PS11788B.jpg

I liked this sample color so much, that I ordered my guitar this way. Hopefully it will look brightish dark orange/red like this picture.

My Sunset Orange Strat body is currently in Warmoth's paint shop.

Thanks for the replies and pictures guys. Yeah, I was hoping that Sunset Orange would look like a vintage Gretsch or Gibson, but I was worried the color would show up too bright and red-ish.

I'm building a strat-tele hybrid baritone. I found this guitar in the gallery (pic) which got me down this road. I don't think that's is a Sunset Orange finish though, but it could just be that the pic they took was dark but anyway. I was thinking the strat-tele hybrid could get a cool vintage-ish look in Sunset Orange w/ this Decoboom pickgaurd (pic) and chrome pick up covers..

Schneidas, I'd love to see your guitar when you get it, if you remember.

Attachments

• gallery_3336_full.jpg
    gallery_3336_full.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 178
  • decoboom-fender-custom-pickguard-telecaster-tele-8_2000x.jpg
    decoboom-fender-custom-pickguard-telecaster-tele-8_2000x.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 186
Christian Jones said:
Schneidas, I'd love to see your guitar when you get it, if you remember.
Sure, will do!
I expect them to ship the body early to mid February, so I should receive it by the end of Feb and I will post pics of course!  :icon_smile:

Christian Jones said:
I'm building a strat-tele hybrid baritone. I found this guitar in the gallery (pic) which got me down this road. I don't think that's is a Sunset Orange finish though, but it could just be that the pic they took was dark but anyway.

If I had to guess, my guess would be that's transparent amber.

Here's some real-life pics of Satin Sunset Orange on my just-received Strat body, as promised.

Attachments

• 2021-02-03 07.58.42.jpg
    2021-02-03 07.58.42.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 2021-02-03 07.58.56.jpg
    2021-02-03 07.58.56.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 647
  • 2021-02-03 07.59.05.jpg
    2021-02-03 07.59.05.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 425
Back