Callaham H/SRV.

jalguitarman

Has anyone here tried these?? They sound very interesting and I am considering them for 50s  modern/vintage spec type Strat. How do they compare to a fralin vintage hot or a seymour duncan antiquity surfer (which I have in the neck pos of a 2008 maple neck/board strat. Would you call them warm,  bright or how would you describe them?? also any comparison you could give me btween the callaham special winds and the H/SRV might be helpful.

THankS.

Fralin does special winds for Bill.  Bill then does his "cryo" treatment... I don't know if the "cryo" thing does squat, but they're
by far the best single coils I've ever heard.  Like it says, wound strings keep definition even with gain.

Clean:

(position 5 [neck], then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1)

http://streamer2.soundclick.com/jarry_DL/34/04/vipdownload/lizardpie+callahamhsrv54321comparisonclean320.mp3

Dirty:

(with MI Audio Crunchbox - bridge SC, panned to the left side throughout the tune - mono short solo in the middle of tune is neck SC)

http://streamer2.soundclick.com/jarry_DL/35/01/vipdownload/lizardpie+rdf320.mp3

I just ordered a set of these (along with a Callaham bridge). They're going in my next strat project.

Thanks for the audio samples!  :rock-on:

-erik

They are my number 1 choice right now.  Search my threads for a very in-depth review of strat pickups with the EJ/SRV/HENDRIX set being the number one choice.  It’s all there including comparing it to the other Callaham “Fralin” special winds.

These will be my next set of strat pick ups for sure. One of the qualitys of a great vintage style single coilis dynamics and string seperation i would guess. Anymore I am not into high output humbuckers and ungodlysaturated tones. I think that the rightfuzz pedal is the better way to go or with an amp medium gain.take Eric Johnson. I am convinced much of his tone is the fuzz pedal. This really singing tone if you will. My tastes have changed. I love single coils and will likely not ever like humbuckers as much as before. At least not high output even though I think the evo 2 was good for that type of pick up

Back