buying a non-showcase LP body

Orpheo

Hi guys, I wanna buy end of this month 2 new guitars, but only if the bodyprice for a mahogany/maple body is under the 340$. can anyone tell me if the prices on the website are still the right ones? that a simple mahogany back, not singlepiece or something, and a maple top, not AAAAAAAAA grade, just a normal figuring, will cost me under 340$?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the upcharge on that body is from the light weight.  Most solid LP bodies weigh about 5-6 pounds, and  the hollow ones average 4lbs 8oz.  That particular body is 4lbs 1oz, so that is probably why it is more expensive.

I asked the same thing, and wasn't it you who said "that's because of the light weight" or "it's a one-piece body"? :p

Anyway, what I understood is that an extra light weight costs $40, so it doesn't justify the +$60. But it could be that the +$40 is for Strats only...  :icon_scratch:

And you're buying another two Warmoths?  :eek: What will it be this time?

Showcase prices do vary from the charts but build-to-order orders do not.

If you want Warmoth to choose a light weight body blank from which to start, that is $40.

Once piece backs are available too for extra $.

Warmoth LPs Rule!

artnaz said:
I asked the same thing, and wasn't it you who said "that's because of the light weight" or "it's a one-piece body"? :p

Anyway, what I understood is that an extra light weight costs $40, so it doesn't justify the +$60. But it could be that the +$40 is for Strats only...  :icon_scratch:

And you're buying another two Warmoths?  :eek: What will it be this time?
I know I told you that, but I wasnt sure about that particular body.

this build will be my rendition of these guitars:

janakkermanlespaul.png

EB5542.jpg

the first, jan akkerman les paul, will get a wenge neck, ebony fingerboard, abalone or MoP inlay (a showcase neck), and that color. the other one will get a padouk neck and same inlay and fretboard.

later, I will change them into blocks, but as a center, I will maintain the MoP or abalone block. if its a MoP block, it will be abalone dot, and vice versa.

@gregg: just to make sure: If I order a non-showcase les paul, mahogany back, flame maple top, no superfancy stuff, it will be just 305$? if so, thats just great! it will fit perfectly. I dont have too much money, and I just want those woods before they're gone, or before next term starts at university (then I will start living on my own, and I dont have the money for guitars AND 'myself').

Orpheo said:
this build will be my rendition of these guitars:

janakkermanlespaul.png

EB5542.jpg

the first, jan akkerman les paul, will get a wenge neck, ebony fingerboard, abalone or MoP inlay (a showcase neck), and that color. the other one will get a padouk neck and same inlay and fretboard.

later, I will change them into blocks, but as a center, I will maintain the MoP or abalone block. if its a MoP block, it will be abalone dot, and vice versa.
Not bad at all!  :glasses9: Not that fancy as we are used from you, but it's great indeed! :D

Orpheo said:
I dont have too much money, and I just want those woods before they're gone, or before next term starts at university (then I will start living on my own, and I dont have the money for guitars AND 'myself').
That explains your collection... ;)

@artnaz; eventually, they will be 'extravagant', but I like it to be a bit more modest. but under the hood!!!!! wait and see :) (18db gainboost, 3 band eq in the ace, in the akkerman piezo, synth, the whole shabang!).

Hehehe... Once you're into that you'll never go back to "standard" I guess...  :laughing7:

artnaz said:
Hehehe... Once you're into that you'll never go back to "standard" I guess...  :laughing7:

already the case. I dont want a normal les paul. I want a les paul with this or that or that other thing. gibson is too fixed in things, and too expensive. WIth any luck, I will be able to have those 2 for approximately 1400$ (1000E). with hardware and pickups, thats 1400+60+50+200+100 (tuners, bridges, pickups, additional stuff). that is 1300 euro's (1800 dollars). in the Netherlands, you can't even get a normal les paul standard for that, only a studio with translucent finish!!! and then you dont have a padouk neck, ebony fingerboard (or wenge) no floyd rose, not top notch hardware, no pickups of MY choice, no preamp if I want it to, etc etc etc.

but I think that after these 2, its over for me and warmoth :( there is no multiply binding, so I wont order an alpine white custom.... they have alpine white, but I want it to be with the binding....I'm a tough customer haha

Back