Building my first custom Strat and I have a few questions

It's not what he's done, it's the fact anything was done. Warmoth just doesn't do finishes on anything outside of virgin bodies out of their own shop.

Street Avenger said:
22878 said:
Can anyone recommend some companies who can paint the body? I know about Wilkins. Anyone else? Warmoth won't paint it because I've made modifications to the body.
What modifications have you made that would prevent them from painting it???

That's the same thing I thought. They said it doesn't matter what modifications you make, if you make any at all they won't take it back and paint it. Nothing done to the body would in any way hinder their ability to paint it in the same way they paint the rest of the bodies.

22878 said:
Street Avenger said:
22878 said:
Can anyone recommend some companies who can paint the body? I know about Wilkins. Anyone else? Warmoth won't paint it because I've made modifications to the body.
What modifications have you made that would prevent them from painting it???

That's the same thing I thought. They said it doesn't matter what modifications you make, if you make any at all they won't take it back and paint it. Nothing done to the body would in any way hinder their ability to paint it in the same way they paint the rest of the bodies.

I'd try to find someone locally.
My Warmoths were painted here where I live and turned out beautifully. This gave me the chance to first carve the Fender Deluxe-style heel contour. I cannot imagine sending it to another state to be painted.

Back