Bubinga and Mahogany. Pics. I need Ideas

Vol. Knob

Its PINK!  Kinda expected it.  But the Mahogany is almost white.  I want to make it darker.  Thoughts? 

And no.  I won't pait it flat black!

3220011075_760d2c1d00.jpg

3220860722_e4edb0f11a.jpg

That's awesome! trans red-type dye on the top, vintage tint-type dye on the back, clear satin nitro to finish.

Vol. Knob said:
And no.  I won't pait it flat black!

Pink sparkle??? :laughing7:
When you put the finish (oil, lacquer or even PU) on it, it will look darker, think something alike wine red...

You could do a light red mahogany stain on the top and a dark red mahogany stain on the bottom.

Wet it a little with naphta or alcohol, the color it will get is something near the color you'll get after finish it...

NonsenseTele said:
Wet it a little with naphta or alcohol, the color it will get is something near the color you'll get after finish it...

+1 on this. It really helps to see the "real" colour of the bubinga and mahogany.

Although I have to say I'd maybe at the most do a brown dye back if I were to add more colour to this guitar. I think it looks just groovy as it is.

I think it'd look cool with a black grain filler in the bubinga, then maybe a light stain on the back. Then clear the whole thing... :dontknow:

I think that any clear would darken it.  Since you have a mahogany back I'd want ha hard finish so oils are out though.  If you can't deal with pink tape off the back and stain the top red.  Clear (nitro/poly) and leave it alone. 

Wet the whole thing down with naphtha.  That'll give you a good idea of how it's gonna look under clear gloss.  I bet you like it :)

Looks killer the V.K.....simple but effective.. :icon_thumright:

How's about the back? :icon_scratch:

Back