Brazilian Rosewood Canada

Micahbell

Soooo I really want a brazilian rosewood neck - can they still not ship to Canada?
I was searching the website but couldn't find anything saying either way if they could or couldn't.

Micahbell said:
Soooo I really want a brazilian rosewood neck - can they still not ship to Canada?
I was searching the website but couldn't find anything saying either way if they could or couldn't.
I seriously doubt it, i don't think it can be shipped outside the U.S. Period...

correction; they CAN ship, but they wont.

suppose, I buy a neck, have it ship to a relative of mine, or a willing friend, and he ships it back to the Netherlands with the nametag 'malagasy rosewood'. I doubt there's one soul who can see or feel the difference.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Orpheo said:

Does that mean you could just pick it up, or have someone you know pick it up?

well... if you know someone in the USA who's willing to accept the parcel with the neck, and then to ship it to you, whats the fuss?

Orpheo said:
Orpheo said:

well... if you know someone in the USA who's willing to accept the parcel with the neck, and then to ship it to you, whats the fuss?

Just the fact your friend would then be shipping controlled export items.  And changing the description would be falsifying export docs.  Just a word of warning there.

Wyliee said:
Orpheo said:
Orpheo said:

Just the fact your friend would then be shipping controlled export items.  And changing the description would be falsifying export docs.  Just a word of warning there.

well.. I'd say, burn the papers warmoth gave you, ship it, and if customs gives you problem, let them prove its BRW, and not just walnut or whatever.

Wyliee said:
Entering a world of pain. Noted.
So you are confirming they still cant ship it then?
Is this possibly going to change, or is this kind of a forever thing?

Warmoth cannot legally export Brazillian Rosewood.  Doing so would seriously jeopardize our ability to ship internationally.

Ok, thanks.
I realize if it was illegal that you couldn't do it, I just wasn't 100% sure what the legality was.

Back