Braveheart's Battleaxe

Chris made some great choices for the rest of the parts that all work very well with the features of the body. For example, the gold knobs look perfect with the color of the visible maple -  and I never would have thought to use those. Same with the IPE fret board, it just matches so well. Also the headstock grain is insane and works for the overall theme of it as well. Is that part the grain of wenge? I though it would be darker.

Also can we get a shot of the back of it?

Fantastic Looking Build Chris! I bet she rages!

I have Braveheart's evil twin in the making...  :laughing7:

I really didn't care for that body when it was shown here, but I think you've done a fantastic job of it, and your vision and talent show.  You've made a striking guitar there - kudos!~

ByteFrenzy said:
DangerousR6 said:
oh, and what's the fretboard wood? Looks like ipe, can't really tell for sure...:icon_scratch:
Hey Dangerous, you gotta read the text as well, not just look at the pretty pics...  :toothy12:

Chris of Arabia said:
The neck is a 24.75" wenge '59 profile with a 10" radius Ipe fingerboard which is fitted with SS6100 frets.
I did read it Rene, it just says the neck is "wenge". Look closely at the pic of the headstock. You can tell that the fretboard isn't wenge...But I was mezmorized by the pretty pictures.......
083.gif

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
That was well worth the wait!!!

Get some close-up pics of that IPE fretboard dude!!!!
See i knew it was IPE...

Gregg said:
Fantastic Looking Build Chris! I bet she rages!

I have Braveheart's evil twin in the making...  :laughing7:

You better explain yourself there,  Gregg.

GoDrex said:
Chris made some great choices for the rest of the parts that all work very well with the features of the body. For example, the gold knobs look perfect with the color of the visible maple -  and I never would have thought to use those. Same with the IPE fret board, it just matches so well. Also the headstock grain is insane and works for the overall theme of it as well. Is that part the grain of wenge? I though it would be darker.

Also can we get a shot of the back of it?

I'll do a few more shots once I've got a little time free to do a better set-up. The grain on the headstock (and the rest of the neck) is absolutely as it arrived, I've done no treatment to it at all - it's all raw (should that be roar?).

Nice to hear all the compliments from everyone, but slightly surprised that so many had their doubts about a build based on that body. I think it works though

dude that is incredible.

+1 about the knobs, i would never have thought to use them, and they match perfectly.

i also have a wenge headstock with similar grain. i was stoked when it came out of the box, i thought it was going to be rather plain jane, but it ha that nice caramel streaking through it.

i bet you could kill an englishman if you swung it hard enough...  :evil4:

Chris of Arabia said:
but slightly surprised that so many had their doubts about a build based on that body. I think it works though
It totally works - I just couldn't see it when it was just a body - but you pulled it all together flawlessly. I can't imagine how it could be better.

i KNOW i'm late

but I cannot resist commenting

I'll be honest
when I saw that body
originally
I thought it wouldn't look good with ANYthing

but YOU, sir
have done something special

and i must admit, the grain on the wenge is uber desirable

props for doing the impossible

Back