Boxes Have Arrived- Finally a Strat for the Collection

thewrathchilde

After 9 other guitars including 3 other Warmoths (not counting the body hanging in the garage awaiting a finish) I decided it was time to add a Stratocaster to the arsenal. Boxes have arrived after waiting feverishly since receiving the shipping notice last week:

And inside the big box:

and the other box contained:

Put together they will look something like:

and the obligatory shot from the headstock:

Specs:
Body- Alder, Solid, Top Route- HSS, Narrow Strat Bridge, Black Gloss
Neck- Ebony over Wenge, Reverse Warhead, Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL, SS 6100, fully scalloped.

Unfortunately I probably won't have time to do anything with it except obsess until this weekend...

Very sharp!

I wonder about 6100s on a fully scalloped neck, though. That's gonna put a lotta air under the strings. Gonna take a light touch. Certainly doable, though. Billy Gibbons plays .007s on the vast majority of his guitars and never sounds wimpy or out of tune.

I keep threatening to get a fully scalloped neck, but I think I'd put those teeny-tiny stainless 6230s on, since I wouldn't need a mungo fret to get a solid grip the string(s). Plus, it would allow me to use a highly figured fretboard, which looks incredible when scalloped. For instance, this neck is sitting in the Showcase right now just rotting...

SN10967A.jpg

...and that's not even one of the better examples I've seen. Imagine what Kingwood or Ziricote would look like fully scalloped.

Edit: I just looked more closely at that neck above, and they won't put a fret any smaller than a 6115 on it, so maybe I can't get what I want anyway.

Yep, Nice boxes  :icon_thumright: ........................ plus what's in them too  :icon_biggrin:

That 2nd pic looks like it's blue, thou.  :icon_scratch:

Cagey said:
Very sharp!

thanks; finally gives me a start, but with a little different personality. :)

Cagey said:
I wonder about 6100s on a fully scalloped neck, though. That's gonna put a lotta air under the strings. Gonna take a light touch. Certainly doable, though. Billy Gibbons plays .007s on the vast majority of his guitars and never sounds wimpy or out of tune.

I wouldn't go any other way than the SS 6100s. They aren't going to affect the height of the strings off the frets so you can still have the same action you would have otherwise regardless of the scalloping. I like them even better on the scalloped neck as it helps exaggerate the affect of the scallop effectively giving you a deeper scallop.

Sure you can't grip a neck like that like its a baseball bat but even with a non-scalloped fretboard I don't press the strings down to the wood.......For strings on my other scalloped neck (Wenge/Ebony on one of my tells) I use Elixir Light Nanowebs (.010-.046) which are my string of choice on just about all my guitars scalloped necks or not.

That neck you posted is pretty; and I have looked at several of their highly figured necks but on a "plain" guitar I wanted something that wouldn't detract from it and wanted to keep it simple. I also don't like the cream face dots and typically all the scalloped necks in the showcase come with those or the black. If I saw one in there with exotic woods and no dots then I might grab one but as they usually are maple + fretboard then I will likely continue to build what I want in the neck builder.  :-\

Nice!

I've been curios about how a reversed warhead headstock would look like on a guitar body..
Looking gooooood  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Next thing would be to put it on a tele body  :guitarplayer2:

Looks amazing!  Lol, you don't even need frets with that deep dish scallop.  You can just use the peaks of the fret board!

Love the color of that wenge! the striping in the grain is very vivid! -Captivating! :eek:ccasion14:

'Ery Noice!
I like a strat in black, and the neck choice complements well.
I am super jelly, all theses great builds going on at the moment.
I want mine to hurry up and get here.....

Back