Body wood for all rosewood neck (Tele)

Caisa

Hi guys,

I need some advice what kind of body wood to choose for a Tele project with an all rosewood neck... I want to use a wanut topped body with a P-90 in the neck position and a classic tele style pickup at the bridge. Some Ideas for the "core" wood of the body? Maybe I wnat to go "chambered" too. I want a balanced sound and play some classic Rock & Blues, often without overdrive/distortion, so the clean sound is also very important.

Sorry for my preschooler english and all the best wishes from Germany

Stephan

Your English is better than my German! The message got through.

I think chambering is more useful to lessen the weight of the guitar than for resonance. I have not built a chambered body, so this is just what I have heard other people say.
I do not have any good suggestions on core wood for you.

I think you are right with the weight, but the f-hole looks so cool so that is the main reason.  :glasses9:
I have a chambered alder Tele, can not say if it affects the tone!
Hope the rosewood neck is not too heavy, I am a little bit afraid of neck diving with a chambered body...

What do you guys think about swamp ash for the body with the walnut top?

Thanks,
Stephan

I want a full rosewood neck for my next warmoth strat type (alwaye rear rout!).

For me swamp ash or alder are the best but, if you want to experiment a mahogany o black korina would be a good choice with p90.

Hi,

do you have some experience with swamp ash/ rosewood combo?
I have heard that alder with rosewood is a littlebit dull sounding...
No shure if mahogany and rosewood is too dark or not well-defined?

Here is a vid. swamp ash with rosewood neck  and P-90s, cool jazzy tone but I think a little bit more sparkle an attack would be nice...but do not know the amp settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFHjOk9ICI&feature=channel_page

Bye
Stephan

Caisa said:
Hi,

do you have some experience with swamp ash/ rosewood combo?
I have heard that alder with rosewood is a littlebit dull sounding...
No shure if mahogany and rosewood is too dark or not well-defined?

Here is a vid. swamp ash with rosewood neck  and P-90s, cool jazzy tone but I think a little bit more sparkle an attack would be nice...but do not know the amp settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFHjOk9ICI&feature=channel_page

Bye
Stephan
Hey, Rpguitar, haven't seen him around lately.

AutoBat said:
Your English is better than my German! The message got through.

I think chambering is more useful to lessen the weight of the guitar than for resonance. I have not built a chambered body, so this is just what I have heard other people say.

When I pluck a string on my chambered strat, I can feel the entire guitar and neck resonate for what seems like an eternity (chambered swamp ash, f-hole and all-rosewood neck). 

Might be a bit late for this party, but Ihave a warmoth Rosewood neck on a Mahogany guitar and the sound is incredible!
It's been my main guitar since 1996 and the ruler by which I measure any other guitar.

I have a Strat and a VIP with the Rosewood neck / Hollow Korina body combination...
you won't be disappointed with that!

why not get a walnut body? I think the look of all walnut is great, and it would probably balance with the warmth of the rosewood.
I dunno if it's ever an issue, but I know that rosewood is heavy so I would think that a chambered body would be prone to neck dive.

I had a PRS Modern Eagle, mahogany with a rosewood neck, and it sounded like I was playing a piano. The notes were so well-defined, they would just ring out... beautiful tone. I had to sell it, and I'm still torn over it to this day.  :sad1:

dNA said:
why not get a walnut body? I think the look of all walnut is great, and it would probably balance with the warmth of the rosewood.
I dunno if it's ever an issue, but I know that rosewood is heavy so I would think that a chambered body would be prone to neck dive.

I have a chambered swamp ash strat with an all rosewood neck and I dont have any issues, in fact it feels as well balanced as any of my guitars.

Back