Boatneck baritone & seven-string necks

stubhead

Master Member
I know, I know, you have to reprogram the machine - but there's two sold right off the bat (ME :toothy12:) and you can't sell 'em if you haven't got 'em. A whole lot of people don't want an Ibanez Wizard profile on their seven strings, maybe would sell more if they had fatties - Schecter sells a lot of sevens just because their necks are bigger than Ibanez & Warmoth. Baritones are a big growth industry right now, but Warmoth only sells a "standard thin" - I guess this is their 22mm profile?

yeah, im gunna rain on your parade, my wrath will be swift.  :evil4:

there isn't a high demand for baritones or seven strings, so that will probably never happen.

I would think a thicker neck on a baritone would be good for stability too, obviously being stronger, and less chance of a warranty prob......

I understand the relatively low demand for baritone/7 string necks, but can the profile be custom ordered? If so, how much would that cost? Would the cost of a custom profile on those particular necks be worth it?

Sir SchmoopY said:
yeah, im gunna rain on your parade, my wrath will be swift.  :evil4:

there isn't a high demand for baritones or seven strings, so that will probably never happen.

Agreed on the Baritones.

Disagree on the 7 strings. Between Schecter, Ibanez, Carvin and ESP there are more than a few seven strings being bought. I have a Loomis 7FR and will order a Carvin before the end of the year. Likely to get another Schecter 7 string [ATX Ebony fretboard with Original Floyd, when released] because I really like not only the neck profiles of the Schecter and Carvin, but mainly because I just love the Schecter 26.5" scale. If there is any one thing keeping me from doing a Warmoth [I LOVE WARMOTH btw] 7 string it is the wacko 25" scale [for a seven string] and the other end of the scale [pun intended] 28 5/8" baritone scale which is just too much for me. [see you were right about the baritone]

Warmoth offers a 25.5, but preferably 26"-27" scale seven string neck and I place the order immediately.

Back