DSCN3107.jpg

DSCN3108.jpg

DSCN3111.jpg

DSCN3112.jpg

DSCN3113.jpg

DSCN3114.jpg

DSCN3118.jpg

DSCN3119.jpg

looks great! absolutely  beautiful blue all the way around, love it. Only thing I don't think goes is the skulls/bones inlay, but that could just be a personal pref thing :)

GoDrex said:
I'm sure it's a great guitar, but it looks like a cartoon.  :laughing7:
Hurting the owner's feelings about his dream guitar isn't very nice.  Ridicule does not encourage people to show off their guitars.

Gregg said:
GoDrex said:
I'm sure it's a great guitar, but it looks like a cartoon.  :laughing7:
Hurting the owner's feelings about his dream guitar isn't very nice.  Ridicule does not encourage people to show off their guitars.

Don't mind Gregg, it's just because he looks like a villain of cartoon that he say that things  :laughing7:

Holy Cow, somebody definitely knows the secret Warmoth handshake!  I deserve a blue guitar. Alas, I would think those bridge saddle screws sticking up 1/8" above the saddles would soon lead to some "creative" coloration effects, ouch. Exactly one, and one only, windmill chord....

(hint: it's cheaper to buy a whole extra cheapo bridge just to get the screws than it is to buy the screws. And you can dremel 'em down in your spare time, using the cheap saddles & vicegrips to hold 'em.)

I'm sorry. I wasn't ridiculing it, just stating my first impression. It's totally over the top, IMO.  I'll try to remember to keep my opinions to myself.

Very nice build Gregg..

Blue isn't my favourite colour on a guitar, but that quilted top is magic.

The warhead head shape, is that a special order or did you shape that yourself? If I was ever to build a Soloist type guiatr that head shape would be perfect IMHO.

Uff-Da said:
I like it.  You can't much more blue than this.
It's like...how much...more blue can this be? And the answer is...none...none more blue.

Does Warmoth do fully painted necks like that? This isn't something I am interested in, I just thought they only did headstocks.

Yep, Warmoth can paint the whole neck a color if you'd like.

I like the Warhead too. Ken Warmoth drew it up during a few meetings we were having. He is an amazingly talented guy.

[size=10pt]Does Tom Anderson know about this?[/size]  Thats a real knock out finish.  Great Axe Gregg! :headbang1:

Hey Gregg, I noticed that the guitar's comfort contour just extends the lower horn of the body, rather than including the neckplate area as well. Is this an option that is offered by Warmoth as well, as it is not listed on the page? (Only comfort contours including the neckplate area contoured as well seem to be offered.)

CarteBlanche said:
[size=10pt]Does Tom Anderson know about this?[/size]  Thats a real knock out finish.  Great Axe Gregg! :headbang1:
Thanks, but I can't take the credit of course. Over the last year the Warmoth paint department has enhanced their finishing techniques greatly.

Back