Cq6WnyH.jpg

W6AqNn9.jpg

R7sfwMJ.jpg

bf9LuYN.jpg

hFwKf4x.jpg

Rw0Rk2V.jpg

awsqbiB.jpg

O4QYxx8.jpg

I really love the look of this guitar. I like that it is proudly the opposite of the usual mind-blowing flame/quilt maple jobs: it’s asymmetrical, it has “imperfections”, and you have to look close to really appreciate the character of the wood rather than having it blasted like a laser straight into your rods and cones. The up-close shots reveal beautiful grain that is not prominent from further out. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate an impressive flame/quilt maple explosion as much as the next guy, but this is way more my speed. Well done!

-VB- said:
I really love the look of this guitar. I like that it is proudly the opposite of the usual mind-blowing flame/quilt maple jobs: it’s asymmetrical, it has “imperfections”, and you have to look close to really appreciate the character of the wood rather than having it blasted like a laser straight into your rods and cones. The up-close shots reveal beautiful grain that is not prominent from further out. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate an impressive flame/quilt maple explosion as much as the next guy, but this is way more my speed. Well done!

You’ve hit the nail on the head. I also love perfectly book matched tops etc, but loving this body has been a slow burn, and that’s the love that lasts.  I watched this collect dust in the showcase for over a year!  I always came back to it.

It’s perfectly imperfect.  There’s so much detail that isn’t immediately apparent and I see new things every time I pick it up to play. 

Also, I’ve seen this finish on a number of other bodies, but there’s something about the way it interacts with the grain and color of the black korina on this one that really struck me.  Changing the angle of the guitar makes the grain move in the most amazing way.

The neck has a similar amount of character and it took me a while to spot one that I thought would be a good fit for the body.

Cheers!

Rgand said:
This really does show what a Soloist can be. Beautiful.

Thank you!  I couldn’t have planned this. It’s something that came together as I was amassing parts.  It’s truly one of a kind among my other guitars and it plays and sounds as beautifully as it looks. Oddly enough, this is the first warmoth neck I’ve purchased that needed no fretwork to get low and fast action. The gods of tone have smiled upon this one!

fdesalvo said:
Rgand said:
This really does show what a Soloist can be. Beautiful.

Thank you!  I couldn’t have planned this. It’s something that came together as I was amassing parts.  It’s truly one of a kind among my other guitars and it plays and sounds as beautifully as it looks. Oddly enough, this is the first warmoth neck I’ve purchased that needed no fretwork to get low and fast action. The gods of tone have smiled upon this one!
Is this the one you used for the "And now for something... lighter" recording?

I used it on the Road to Eridu’s new bridge rhythm guitar :). Mr Doot will get lots of studio time!  He’s very versatile. I’ll put together a sample platter of tones sometime in the next two weeks.

Blue body/maple neck and humbucker bridge/single coil neck are 2 winner combos for me, awesome build!

exaN said:
Blue body/maple neck and humbucker bridge/single coil neck are 2 winner combos for me, awesome build!

Thank you!  Your builds are immaculate and impressive. That soloist has the nicest top I’ve seen in a long time!

fdesalvo said:
Rgand said:
Looking forward to that.

My mistake. Dad brain for certain - yes, Mr Doot had his debut on “Wherever We Go”.
I went back and listened to that again. It does sound good.  :icon_thumright:

Beautiful guitar!  Have to agree that is has an elegance in it's subtle beauty vs something like the "in your face"ness of some flame tops.

What pickups are you using?  Very intriguing that you went with the Schaller trem and LSR nut.  How do you find the combo?

Most Excellent Sir! My congrats on a job very well done.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Just saw these comments. 

Thank you!  Dimarzio Area 67 and Gravity Storm pickups.  PERFECT in this one.  Here's how she sounds:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/long-gone[/soundcloud]

Back