Black Korina J Bass

Min@cious D.

Hi there,

As a total newbee on this forum (eeehh...any forum  :toothy11:) I thought I'd give it a try.
So here's my new joy & pride:

Black Korina body with bookmatched flamed top, metallic brown back finish;
Bubinga unfinished neck, streaked ebony fretboard with 6105 stainless steel frets;
Nordstrand NJ4SV pickups, left passive;
ETS bridge;
Schaller tuners & straplocks.

Greetz!

Thanx for all your compliments!
Both body and neck were showpieces though...
...'t was a matter of putting the right parts together...though really glad it all workes out well.

Turbo: it sounds great, all lows 'n highs well balanced, real fat funky J-tone...still needs some fret levelling. Probably will be done by a local luthier.

Ty: Haven't got pictures of the back yet. Just waiting for another sunny day... :glasses9:

Yeeeaahhh....Great build.  This is what it's all about.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
You don't build basses like a noob.  How's it sound.

+1

I have to say guys, there is some killer work being done at the moment......

For some finishes or woods it takes a while to find matching parts as far as the showcase goes. It took a while before I spotted the right neck matching the body. But then again, it's all a matter of taste, no?
I have to give my dad credit for helping me out on this one. Maybe he's gonna build a Tele or Strat W in near future  :eek:ccasion14:

jimh: I really like the eightball neckplate Dangerous has made for you. Awesome man!

Min@cious D. said:
jimh: I really like the eightball neckplate Dangerous has made for you. Awesome man!

Thanks matey.  :icon_thumright:

So.....You really need to do the decent thing and get big bad D to make one for you too.  That'll really set off your bass, and it'll be yours forever.......Go fully custom....  :blob7:

OUTSTANDING 
wolla.gif

That is one of the top three best looking basses I've ever seen...and I mean that.

It's cool that the grain on the body makes it look like it's a neck thru design. :)

That thing is so classy.I don't see a need for a pickguard at all.Very nice build,you should be proud of that one :eek:ccasion14:

Cheers.

Thanks again for all your nice comments!
Now looking for a handsome 5 Deluxe to build...and a fretless 4 after that...  :icon_biggrin:
But first save some $$$ though...

Back