Black Korina Gecko 5

bwbass

I built this bass a few years ago, and it was my first and only 5-stringer.

Body: Black Korina
Neck: Maple with Pau Ferro FB and Ebony Gecko Inlay, 6115 Stainless Fretwire (AFAIK, the first bass ever to have stainless frets!)
Hardware:  All Black Hipshot (Style A Bridge, Ultralite Tuners, O-Ring Knobs)
Pickup: Bartolini 74mm Triple-Coil, Deep Voicing
Preamp: Aguilar OBP-1 2-band @ 18 volts
Controls: Master Volume, Treble, Bass.  5-Way 4-pole switch (Both Coils Series, Neck Coil Full/50% bridge coil, Neck Coil Solo, Bridge Coil Solo)

Using the dummy coil in the pickup and the 4-pole 5-way switch, I made every coil combination hum-cancelling.  The wiring diagram for this made my head hurt.  :sad:

Wow! incredible guitar - nice work making your electronics so versatile too!  I bet it sounds awesome.

I'm diggin' the gecko inlay. The korina looks excellent too. I'm starting to think there is no such thing as bad looking korina.

Yeah Im thinking your right, seems awesome Plain, Stained, Black, White or Clear...............The sound is equally awesome........ :icon_thumright:

Superbeast520 said:
Too Cool.................Love the clean looking Korina.................got a back shot for us?    :toothy10:
Sorry, this bass is no longer in my hands.  The finish is tung oil with some wipe-on poly over it - came out looking beautiful, I think.  You don't want to see the back anyways, it has a big belt-buckle scratch on it.

Here's a close-up of the front, though:

On the bright side, its new owner is playing it more than I ever did - I'm a 4-or-less-stringer most of the time: ;)

[quote author=bwbass]

[/quote]

now THAT is the coolest bass I've seen in some time!!!  :blob7:

all the best,

R

Thats Killer.............I think Im gonna knock off a couple strings from my guitar..........hahahahaahhahah..........Love to hear that in action.. :headbang:

WarmothRules said:
I wish I was rich, I've been playing bass as long as guitar, I need a gecko!!
I'm thinking the same thing.....about both things!

Though to me, they're not related. I just stop buying food and paying some bill for awhile and suddenly, there's the cash!  :icon_thumright: 

I like it Gregg - spend the food $$$ on Warmoth parts instead, lose the weight I've been wanting to lose for some time now, and have something other than Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem receipts to show for it this time next year.

Genius - pure genius!  :blob7:

all the best,

R

bwbass said:
Using the dummy coil in the pickup and the 4-pole 5-way switch, I made every coil combination hum-cancelling.  The wiring diagram for this made my head hurt.   :sad:

Great Bass!!! PLEASE P LEASE PLEASE post that wiring diagram!  That would be awesome.  :headbang:

Back