Black Korina G4 Body - What would you do with it?

PrestonSF

Board Friends,
These black korina G4 bodies are looking pretty tempting for the price and weight:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Bass=1&Body=2&Type=55&Path=Body,Misc,G4&i=B1442

I was going to buy one today, and I have something in mind, but I just want to hear all of your opinions before I buy something I regret.  My main concern is I want some awesome midrange tone, not just a muddy bass with nothing but low end...  What do you think?

: :headbang1:

I would finish with Tru-oil, just like this:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=100.msg336#msg336

That's a really nice body, get it before someone do! (ME :evil4:)

Cool, thanks!  I was actually asking  what neck, neck wood, fingerboard wood, hardware, pickup routing, etc.  I don't play P basses, but a P/J is cool.  Please let me know you're opinions, like if this body magically came into your hands.

Thanks,
P

I'd even out the tone with an all maple neck.  I'd finish it in tobacco burst, that finish looks killer on black korina.  Of course, clear gloss looks great too.  Black korina is just cool looking.

Cool cool.  I think the maple fretboard is a different project...  And a burst would be nice but I'm prolly gonna do a tung or true oil cause I'm poor.  :glasses9:

You could do ebony on pau ferro too.  That would be real punchy and would even out the tone.  Much more expensive than maple though.  An all ebony neck would be freakin sexy too, but they don't officially offer that, so you would have to find it in the showcase.

PrestonSF said:
Cool, thanks!  I was actually asking  what neck, neck wood, fingerboard wood, hardware, pickup routing, etc.  I don't play P basses, but a P/J is cool.  Please let me know you're opinions, like if this body magically came into your hands.

Thanks,
P

Rosewood neck, MM pickup on Pbass spot, something alike this (imagine there a MM pickup):
air.JPG

Or double soapbar:
basslong.jpg

hannaugh said:
I'd finish it in tobacco burst
Don't listen her, she's taking heavy pills to keep "normal" and is out of her normal state... That's a delirium of her madness :icon_jokercolor: :p

Fretless Canary with Ebony board

double Nordstrand MM P/Us
Aguilar 3 Band pre

Black Hardware

Best bass ever

NonsenseTele said:
Rosewood neck, MM pickup on Pbass spot, something alike this (imagine there a MM pickup):

GOODNESS!  Maybe you stole some of Hannaugh's pills  :laughing11:

Just kidding.  But a MM in the Pbass spot???  That's madness.

SDbass said:
GOODNESS!  Maybe you stole some of Hannaugh's pills  :laughing11:

And you thought I would let the opportunity pass?  :toothy12:

That's madness.

What part of NONSENSE Tele you haven't understood? :laughing7:
And it isn't that madness, just unusual...
And I haven't talked about askind Nordstrand to wire to bobbins as close as possible of the Pbass into a MM pickup.... :p

There's a reason I keep my teles locked up. Also, I put a pickguard on one, and the other has no exotic wood.

Max said:
There's a reason I keep my teles locked up. Also, I put a pickguard on one, and the other has no exotic wood.

Your guitar can be solved with a Esquire pickguard :p
You'd better buy some big evil dogs :evil4:

It has a natural almost flame figure , I'd use a clear to light  stain finish to enhance the natural effect

Back