Black Korina Carved Tele

Nimrod

First build using a Warmoth body. Bought the body from the showcase a while back. Finished it in lacquer after filling the grain for what seemed like an eternity.
Used a new Fender Robert Cray neck, sourced from eBay, with vintage-style tuners.
GFS Dream 180 pups, wired with switches for coil-splitting, pups in series and reverse phase (schematics labeled "Jimmy Page Style Les Paul", found online).
Sweet Player!

htrnr7V.jpg

9wE5z8l.jpg

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new guitar. It looks a little different and I like it.

stratamania said:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new guitar. It looks a little different and I like it.

Thanks! Different was what I was going for.

If that had been in the GOTM last month, I would have voted for it over mine!
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!
:eek:ccasion14:

Mighty handsome work.  The Warmoth carve-top telecaster body is, in my view, a substantial improvment on the original Leo design.  Add some fancy lumber and fun electronics, and whammo, you wind up with a beauty like this.  Great choices .

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

OT - the truck was initially a guard's truck at San Quentin Prison...
How it looks today:

icsWAx1.jpg

I'm planning a Tele build myself, and I absolutely love your carved top! One thing I've been wondering about is the contoured heel - would you please post a close-up shot (it appears you have the contoured heel) so I can see how the screws seat into the neck plate? I'd really appreciate the information.

Thanks for the kind words, Gemcutter! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I don't spend a lot of time on this forum. I did see that you got your answer in the other thread. Good Luck with your project!

Pisses me off that they have done away with the single piece carved design and you now have to use a double lam top. If I'd know they were going to do that I would have bought two tele bodies my last order.

Back