Black Cherry Tele

bob7point7

Here's my latest Warmoth project. It started when I saw the canary Tele neck with '59 roundback profile in the Showcase. The rest of the guitar was sort of built around the neck. The body is swamp ash with a black cherry metallic finish. The neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan SM-3 mini humbucker (had one before and sold the guitar - I've missed the pickup ever since). The bridge pickup is a Dimarzio Area Hot T. I started out with standard Tele wiring, but with 500K pots and a .022uf tone cap to keep the neck pickup nice and bright. This made the bridge pickup way too icepicky, so I ended up wiring a .047uf cap in series with a 220k Ohm resistor and placing them across the bridge pickup. The guitar is still plenty bright, but the icepick is gone. It has been really hard to put this thing down since I finished it. It has a great snap to the sound, but it's meaty at the same time.

-Bobbie

Very nice...  I have not seen the Black Cherry before. 
And as for the Canary neck; well, ya gotta love da' Canary :icon_thumright:
:rock-on:

Love that canary -  :headbang: - I've got one on my tele also (with an ebony fretboard).  The Black Cherry looks real good - is it as red under bright lights as that last picture shows?

Yay, new colours! That Tele looks both elegant and dangerous. And canary keeps on winning.

Thanks, guys. I'm definitely loving the canary neck. It looks, feels, and sounds great (although the wenge neck is still my favorite). The paint looks very different depending on the lighting. With no direct light it almost looks black, but the red really comes out in bright light. I would love to see a carved top in this color!

Thanks,
-Bobbie

Congrats for the choice color :icon_thumright:

I want to make a black cherry strat with dark fingerboard and black or tortoise pickguard :toothy10:

Thanks for throwing off my plans. I'd originally been looking at a maple top, but now I might end up with this black cherry.

+1 on the being awesome.

I love that Black Cherry finish, probably my favourite ''uncommon' finish Warmoth do. Warmoth seems to have removed it from their standard finish choices on the body builder though, sadly.

Great looker!

The neck is SWEET LOOKING!

Only thing I would have done different is reverse the control plate.
(but that's just me)

Insane man

I'd like to order a black cherry Strat soon but I don't see it in the finish options anymore :S

lpp11a.jpg

Hey look what I bought, cool maybe we can hang out

Back