Birdseye Maple and BRW Strat neck (sold)

oldmanatc

I purchased a warmoth strat neck off another member here a few years ago. Project never got started. Its a vintage modern with compound radius 1.699" nut width and 11/32" tuner holes. Finished Birdseye Maple with Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard.  I'm asking $200 via paypal OBO. Only shipping to Continental U.S.

edit: After some help from the members who've posted in this thread, I'll leave my original description, but the neck for sale is a Warmoth Pro Birdseye Maple with BRW fretboard. It has the Compound 10-16" radius, 1.699" nut width, and 6105 stainless frets. Tuner holes are 11/32."

Attachments

• 20140929_121751_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140929_121751_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 307
  • 20140929_121832_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140929_121832_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 284
I'm a little surprised, no one's even PM'ed me an offer. The neck has never been used, its in the same condition as when I bought it (which was like new).  I know I don't have a high post count, but my project never got off the ground.

Keep your head up. The Brazilian Rosewood will net you a sale in due time. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

Thanks for the encouragement. I guess compared to other forums I've sold things on, this is relatively low traffic place. 

You know, I don't see a truss rod adjuster at the headstock, nor a skunk stripe. So I'm not so sure this is a Vintage Modern. Maybe a Total Vintage? There's bound to be a trussrod adjuster at the bottom of the heel. Is there anything on the side near the heel?

oldmanatc said:
I believe its 6105, if not its 6150 and I believe they are stainless.

There should be a handwritten mark on the heel that says SS6105 or SS6150 if they're stainless. Otherwise, it'll just say 6105 or 6150.

Prometheus said:
You know, I don't see a truss rod adjuster at the headstock, nor a skunk stripe. So I'm not so sure this is a Vintage Modern. Maybe a Total Vintage? There's bound to be a trussrod adjuster at the bottom of the heel. Is there anything on the side near the heel?
Sorry if I got the model wrong, it was unintentional, I thought vintage modern was what I purchased. Adjustment is on side of heel.

Cagey said:
oldmanatc said:
There should be a handwritten mark on the heel that says SS6105 or SS6150 if they're stainless. Otherwise, it'll just say 6105 or 6150.
\

Thanks! its 6105

After going back through the messages with the member I bought it from it is a total vintage, however I was told it had the compound radius. I'm not sure about the profile shape but to me it feels like standard thin.

When I saw the lack of skunk stripe and headstock truss rod adjuster, I knew it wasn't Vintage Modern. Because that's the one style I'm familiar with. I'd guessed at Total Vintage, thinking that it didn't have a skunk stripe. But the side-of-heel adjuster made me suspicious. So I looked it up, and I was wrong (happens all the time).

As far as I can see from the Warmoth site, the only Warmoth neck with no skunk stripe and a side-of-heel adjuster (plus the regular one at the end) is the Warmoth Pro construction. So if the seller told you it was Total Vintage, either he's wrong or I am. Incidentally, you can, at least currently, get any of these three neck styles in a compound radius.

It says 'Warmoth Radius' on the heel - I believe this means it's their 10-16" compound.

Prometheus said:
When I saw the lack of skunk stripe and headstock truss rod adjuster, I knew it wasn't Vintage Modern. Because that's the one style I'm familiar with. I'd guessed at Total Vintage, thinking that it didn't have a skunk stripe. But the side-of-heel adjuster made me suspicious. So I looked it up, and I was wrong (happens all the time).

As far as I can see from the Warmoth site, the only Warmoth neck with no skunk stripe and a side-of-heel adjuster (plus the regular one at the end) is the Warmoth Pro construction. So if the seller told you it was Total Vintage, either he's wrong or I am. Incidentally, you can, at least currently, get any of these three neck styles in a compound radius.
I just looked at the neck models on Warmoth and I think you're right about it being a Warmoth Pro, not for the reasons you listed. If you look at the product description, the rosewood fingerboard Total Vintage doesn't have the walnut truss plug or a skunk strip. The difference is my neck has 22 frets and a side of heel adjustment, whereas the Total Vintage has an end of heel adjustment and 21 frets.

P.S. Thanks Fat Pete, I didn't know that's what that meant.

I made a listing on ebay for the neck http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strat-Neck-Warmoth-Birdsey-Maple-and-Brazilian-Rosewood-/321551656432?

oldmanatc said:
I made a listing on ebay for the neck http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strat-Neck-Warmoth-Birdsey-Maple-and-Brazilian-Rosewood-/321551656432?

Ya might want to add the caveat that you can only ship to the United States, as Customs won't let B.R. leave the country.

Back