Binding issue

Nice gold top Drex, absoluttelt sssssssssssamoooooooooookin'.... :headbang1:

BTW where'd you get that killer neckplate?    :laughing7:
gdgt4.jpg

Yeah it looks nice doesn't it?. Still waiting to see if it's going to actually play and sound nice too. Got the neck plate from some crazy Texan, around here somewhere. :laughing7:

It just seems like the holes for the pegs on the bridge are a little too big - so when it was on and strings were at tension, I could move it slightly back and forth. Maybe a millimeter in each direction - and I've never noticed this on any other TOM bridge I've had before. Also when using a screw drive to adjust the bridge height it looked like the position of the bridge would shift a little as it turned.

take a good pic and i'll se if we can find an easy solution, i need a pic because i haven't had a TOM in so long i can't remember how the height adjustment is setup.

Dan Erlewine had a good workaround, get some brass tubing (I found some that fit great at home depot, think it was for compression fittings) and slip it between the bridge stud and bridge post hole to take up the extra slop.  I had that happen when I replaced the TOM on my buddies Epiphone with a Gotoh and it worked great.

Back