Bill Lawrence L-45 sound check

backhair

Finally got around to making a quick video of the set of L-45s I had installed in my warmoth strat. A guy on thegearpage was interested in the superwide neck, so I talk a little bit about that at the beginning as well.

I'm pretty pleased with them. They're quiet, bright, and pretty darned single coil sounding. They don't seem to have quite the raw edge a single coil does, but they have a hint of that A5 humbucker sound to them that I really like.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0GmXPnGWk[/youtube]

backhair said:
Finally got around to making a quick video of the set of L-45s I had installed in my warmoth strat. A guy on thegearpage was interested in the superwide neck, so I talk a little bit about that at the beginning as well.

I'm pretty pleased with them. They're quiet, bright, and pretty darned single coil sounding. They don't seem to have quite the raw edge a single coil does, but they have a hint of that A5 humbucker sound to them that I really like.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0GmXPnGWk[/youtube]

very nice, not a single coil sound but in a good way. i quite like it. im using l-200 noiseless pups and love them, i have keystones going in a friends build, not done yet but sounded great in tfarnys axe who i bought them from, i have to do a super strat next with those and a satine or purple heart neck.

sounds great!
I actually watched your other video a while ago, not realizing it was the famous backhair!!

(you look a lot less hairy than I imagined!  :icon_biggrin:)

It's good to see that your superwide fits the body just as poorly as mine does.

What bridge did you use?  I got one with the larger "vintage" spacing.  However, those are usually used with Fender humbuckers which were also very wide.

I have a Fender stacked N3 Noiseless Tele Bridge pickup I want to use, but even mounted straight across at 90 degrees to the strings, the pole pieces are not centered under the high "E" strings.  I guess your blade-type pickups sidestep that entire issue.

Back