Bill and Becky Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Crimethink, I didn't even get through the first paragraph of the above before making the decision to not read any more of your posts.

Good luck,

Mayfly

Seriously, man.

No one's "flaming" anyone. This isn't your typical internet forum. It's just a forum that happens to be housed on the internet.

Leave your baggage at the door.

Why do you put my name in quotes?  Don't you believe I exist?  :sad:  I assure you I'm not stalking you.  I read most of the threads around here.  And I usually post in them and write snarky one-liners about the other posters.  That's how I became so beloved around here!  If you can't deal with it that's too bad.

Oh and by the way, I really didn't need to hear about your days as a male stripper.  Scarred for life!  :eek:  And I was still recovering from seeing Gregg with platinum blond hair...

That stripper part was gross and gratuitous.  I repeat my suggestion to take a freaking chill pill.

PS:
Hey, "DBW" (if that is your real name), wassup!

This is a universal thing with me... quality over quantity.... which is why my posts here will only be where I can contribute something positive by sharing or asking questions.

I think this was a pretty good oneliner. You'll fit right in on this forum.

Pfft, it's bullshit, his whole previous rant was completely negative.

Crimethink, everyone was having fun until you snapped on us for no reason.  That is a major buzzkill and definitely not how you "contribute something positive."  I thought your original rant about shady paypallers was spot on, actually, and I liked it.  But you totally lost me when you got all pissy.  You thought we were making an ad hominem attack?  What exactly did you want us to say about the content of your original post?  You bought some pups, Bill and Becky are old but cool, and some sellers are dishonest.  Did you want us to debate you on any of those points?

Tim pointed out that it was a good rant, and I made a self-deprecating joke about the poor quality of my posts.  Smileys are ubiquitous on this board, and most of them mean, "I've got a smile on my face!  :) :glasses9: :glasses10: :headbang: :icon_biggrin: :icon_thumright: :laughing7: :laughing11: :toothy11: :toothy12: :laughing8: :icon_tongue: :icon_smile: :redflag:"  Why do you think the red flag is mocking you?  He's just waving a red flag.  :redflag:  Smiling, see?  Nothing sinister.  Chill.

I'm not one to bear a grudge or anything so I hope you can chill with us and provide many more interesting rants.  But I don't need to read a 500-word essay about what a dick I am.  If you want to call me a dick feel free, but it really only requires a few words: "You're a dick."  And throw a smiley on the end and I'll take it as a compliment.  Thanks  :redflag:

Pretty sure kbo was pointing out the rich irony of that one sentence embedded in the Iliad and the Odyssey up there.

Oh, and "dbw", you're a dingleberry.  :icon_biggrin:  If somebody is going to get that offended by my saying "impressive rant" and "have a mood enhancer" they're not somebody I need to deal with on the intertubes anyhow. What's up with the forum the last few months? Episodes like this remind me why I never post anywhere else.

I like this guy, he takes the spotlight off me, where the H is jackthehack.

Your a natural at this forum thing LOL Tfarny

Most of us have a short attention span, keep things simple, short and too the point

Crimethink.

Your original post on this Thread was an OK rant about Pay Pal and slow delivery time and/or frauds.

Fair enough point, considering the previously mentioned acceptance by many, of Bill & Becky Lawrence's slow delivery of pickups at times, and the fact that most others wouldn't get the same latitude.

I agree with Max and a few others here, please chill out a bit. It's sad to see a Thread about two respected people within the music industry like Bill & Becky Lawrence, go downhill with all sorts of calling out & long, barely relevant posts.

Interesting thread -- someone has their panties in a bind.

Be patient with Bill and Becky -- I order some new pups from them about a year ago, and I waited and waited.  But they are true to their word and sent them out and I love them.

Max said:
Although Stubby has longer posts that have their own style.

Allow me to present

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: How to write like Stubhead :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Step one: use large orange text!!

Step two: use many moving smileys!!  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Step three: use small and/or green text too!!  :party07:

Step four: post YouTube videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS-m8fVD1rQ

Step five: be terminally cheery!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

We love ya stubby ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/65I0HNvTDH4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Absolutely unnecessary.

crimethink said:
tfarny said:
dbw said:
Whip it out, my "cocky" friend.  We'll see what's what and who's who.

:toothy12:

Seriously though.  Relax, we weren't attacking you.  :)

Since you went there... I was a male stripper for 3 years and thousands of women have stood in line to give me money for a closer look at what I got. Back then it was an all-nude club so whether it was banging bachelorettes the night before their wedding or leaving the club after work with a gym bag full of money and 2 or 3 girls for myself it's not being "cocky"... it's absolute confidence.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtL2_EIkwa8&feature=related[/youtube]

dbw said:
Pfft, it's bullshitee, his whole previous rant was completely negative.

Crimethink, everyone was having fun until you snapped on us for no reason.  That is a major buzzkill and definitely not how you "contribute something positive."  I thought your original rant about shady paypallers was spot on, actually, and I liked it.  But you totally lost me when you got all pissy.  You thought we were making an ad hominem attack?  What exactly did you want us to say about the content of your original post?  You bought some pups, Bill and Becky are old but cool, and some sellers are dishonest.  Did you want us to debate you on any of those points?

Tim pointed out that it was a good rant, and I made a self-deprecating joke about the poor quality of my posts.  Smileys are ubiquitous on this board, and most of them mean, "I've got a smile on my face!  :) :glasses9: :glasses10: :headbang: :icon_biggrin: :icon_thumright: :laughing7: :laughing11: :toothy11: :toothy12: :laughing8: :icon_tongue: :icon_smile: :redflag:"  Why do you think the red flag is mocking you?  He's just waving a red flag.   :redflag:  Smiling, see?  Nothing sinister.  Chill.

I'm not one to bear a grudge or anything so I hope you can chill with us and provide many more interesting rants.  But I don't need to read a 500-word essay about what a dick I am.  If you want to call me a dick feel free, but it really only requires a few words: "You're a dick."  And throw a smiley on the end and I'll take it as a compliment.  Thanks  :redflag:
Let me say thank you for this post...

I was not aware of the "lighthearted" nature of this board and it's hard for a newbie who didn't lurk before joining to know this without being told...... after the fact, in my case. As a veteran of liberal political boards I've seen plenty of post identical to these with the intent to sow discord so, without knowing you're fooling around and have a precedent as such... a precedent known by everyone except for me who just joined and just found out.

NATURALLY..... after you suggested I was a "troll" here any post from you directed at me are suspect because the "troll" post was unwarranted... had I been posting 'Warmoth sucks' or something along those lines then "troll" would have been appropriate... seeing as that wasn't the case the assumption you had some issue with regards to me seemed to fit. It IS because of this that, naturally, I assumed the red flag was at my expense. Likewise, the laughing emoticon preceding your post by tfarny - supposed to be a compliment - doesn't look like a compliment with the inclusion of the laughing emoticon so this FURTHER led me to believe ill intent. We as people are the sum of our experiences and my forum experiences are on forums much different than this one.... however, one thing common to all forums is we can't hear the "tone" through just text so misunderstandings happen. I can't say you're a dick.... I don't know you and you don't know me so it seems logical that misunderstandings can happen especially when all *I* have to work with are 12 words and 2 emoticons over the span of two posts.

Seriously, this post of yours I appreciate because it's more than one line and clear as to your intent. For real, thanks. I understand yall were "having fun"... now I understand, not then.... but the fact that it APPEARED as if this "fun" was at my expense is why you got the reaction you did... intensified by your original "troll" post which set the tone for anything you posted directed at me. I might have picked up on your self-deprecating humor had it not been for "troll" being how I was welcomed to this forum by you. So this is why I naturally assumed the worst.

No joke, thanks for talking this time around... if I ever get an odd vibe from your posts again I'll pay you the courtesy and ask you to clarify next time, in private. NO grudges... this post from you kills any possibilities of a lasting rift from this misunderstanding... from where I stand. I hope you'll accept my apology for assuming the worst just as much as I hope you can understand, given what I've said about my forum background (100% political), why I assumed the worst... I'm not asking for you to agree it was the proper reaction.... just to understand.

*pats dbw on the back* I'm good, are you good?

But to answer your question... if all you know comes from contentious political forums as is the case with me, yes, it looked like an attack. Should have, would have, could have.... I appreciate THIS discussion and I appreciate you for participating. NOW I see why so many members hold you in such high regard...

I've said it before...
stupid lack of any emotion indications in the written English language!

It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back