Bigsby on a Jaguar

moldymealworm

This guitar building thing really IS addicting, isn't it?

Anyways, like the title says, I'm thinking about building a Jaguar and was wondering what bridge routing I need to install a Bigsby.

JAG.jpg

That's the idea I've had rolling around in my head.

That looks FINE FINE FINE with a red mahogany gibson sorta look. I would go with that, but that's just me. Mary Kay also rocks.

I had to stop the drool from hitting my keyboard. forget what I said earlier... go with that one for sure...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but... last night I was  thinking about my next build, because, well, you know, the neck for my first build is likely going to ship in a day or two so it's time to plan the next one... Anyway, I'm not even sure how it happened but I discovered Jaguars and my thought was "DAMN! I'd like ot have one of those with a Bigsby on it instead of that ugly stock trem."  So I surfed the Warmoth site finding out what options were available, yadda yadda yadda and the next thing I knew it was way past midnight so I went to bed.

This morning I came here and decided to search on Jaguars, and lo and behold, I came across this thread which is the one I was going to start. Cool.

So my question is, did anyone actually build one of these? I'm thinking a Jag with some flatwound 12's, a couple humbuckers and simplified wiring might be a pretty cool little set up. One volume pot, one tone pot, and a 3 way switch is all a guy would need, no? Sure it'd take a custom pick guard but I'm not out to build a replica and gettign rid of some of th eswitches seems like not a bad idea. If I wanted a stock look I could buy a stock guitar...

Thoughts?

Hmm... on further investigation it seems what I'm wanting to build is basically a glorified Squier Jagmaster...

Cagey said:
Max said:

Wow. I'm not normally a fan of those guitars, but I think I could live with that.

+2. i don't know how i never saw this the first time around... i normally hate gold hardware, but that thing is ridiculously awesome!

Back