Big Apple Strat wiring

hosko

I've come across the Big Apple Strat wiring and it seems great for a HH setup with a super switch. Only issue is the wiring diagrams I've found are terrible, very hard to follow.

Does anybody know where I might be able to find a wiring diagram for it?

Toneshapers, sells a kit for that wiring on their own website and on Reverb and has a couple of diagrams of what it does and how it is wired. Diagrams are clearer on their own website.

Cross reference this...

... with the chart below (scroll to Fender Seymour Duncan).

See the post below to understand the edit.

Label all the wires. Bridge PU North Start (Green) and Neck PU South Strat (Red) are the two wires grounded to the back of the pot. Volume and and Tone controls are pretty traditional wiring.

Once you have, labeled North Start, North Finish, South Start, South Finish, ... then look up the color code for the brand you are using.

color_codes-809x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 230676-2bf0bcb46a792639fedc044e67b738ae.jpg
    230676-2bf0bcb46a792639fedc044e67b738ae.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
I forgot that the stock PUs in the Big Apple were Seymour Duncan ‘59 and Pearly Gates Plus, so the diagram you posted is more accurate than my directions (I’ll edit my previous post in the morning).

Just remember those color codes only apply to SD, not other brands.

The PG+ was a Fender exclusive and designed to be much brighter, so that it would be bright and would work with a stock Texas Specials and 250K pots in the Lone Star Strat. If you aren’t using a PG+, then 500K pots around may be betters

Last edited:
The wiring diagram I thought was clearer is different to Fenders, I've attached the Fender one and coloured it for DiMarzio PUs

Attachments

• Big Apple.jpg
    Big Apple.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 15
Back