Besides Warmoth orders....what else you waiting on?

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Yep, Warmoth is running behind.....but they aren't alone. It seems every instrument manufacturer in the world is running behind right now.

I am currently waiting on:

Ceriatone 2204
Mojotone 2x12 cab
GK Bass Traps

Been waiting for months, with probably still months to go.

Besides Warmoth, what you waiting on?

In the lumber industry EVERYTHING is running behind.  Plywood, OSB, Siding, Hardware...  the list goes on!  As far as guitar stuff, my Bootstrap pickups are a few weeks later than expected, but they will go on my Warmoth body that is still being made.  So no rush on those!

The Aaron said:
Yep, Warmoth is running behind.....but they aren't alone.

I appreciate your diligence in these delays. As a former call center worker, I know how stressed your phone people are. I also worked in manufacturing when parts were short... I worked in customer service for years and can't imagine how tricky it is to navigate the less patient customers in an instant-gratification world.

All that said - Is there not a Warmoth Coffee Fund we can donate to? Because I would.

On Topic:

Waiting on Nordstrand Big Blademan 4 pickups x2, but I got an email from them that we're waiting on the chrome plater to finish the blades, so that's neato.

Mostly plywood (the good stuff) and sometimes electronic components.  Oddly, there also seems to be a sandpaper shortage.

I'm waiting on some rigging rings for a rope bridge.  Check this out - leave, comes back, spend all day in the same place, then ships out twice without returning first. But at least it's still on track to arrive yesterday.

Attachments

• 188953212_146457954174369_6223496098669271604_n.jpg
    188953212_146457954174369_6223496098669271604_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 110
Certain parts not being available etc.

At work there are delays to equipment due to silicon shortages etc...other than that I am waiting on when I can visit friends and family.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLVmBOOqVU
[/youtube]

I’ve been pretty lucky that everything I’ve needed has been in stock somewhere here in the U.K. if we’re talking about factory stuff like tuners and whatnot. Anything that people have to make to order, like Warmoth etc I’m pretty relaxed about waiting for. I make shoes for a living so I know things just take as long as they take sometimes.

All I’m really waiting for at the moment is some hardware from Rutters, just had some Wolfetone pickups delivered yesterday that sat in SFO for 4 weeks before they got on the plane. Other than that just waiting for more Warmoth YouTube content to drop

Mayfly said:
Oddly, there also seems to be a sandpaper shortage.

Yes, I have heard that.

Also, I have not been able to find some of the soda flavors I like in stores....anywhere. I finally asked an employee, and they said there is an aluminum shortage, so soda makers are only shipping their biggest sellers. All the esoteric flavors are not shipping.

Guitar-wise I’m only waiting on my custom neck plate by Doug, then I will have everything for when my neck and body get to me in a couple weeks.

Other than that…it’s time for me to upgrade my bicycle (it’s been my saving grace for sanity the last 15 months or so…), but bicycles are hard to come by except for the high end stuff (say around $5K^). (What’s up with all the 1X drivetrains on hybrids and road bikes??!)

Won't help with finishing grits, but Stumpy Nubs was raving about the permagrit sanding blocks. I bought one for nut shaping since that's something that tends to consume an endless supply of coarse grits.

Also, I have not been able to find some of the soda flavors I like in stores....anywhere. I finally asked an employee, and they said there is an aluminum shortage, so soda makers are only shipping their biggest sellers. All the esoteric flavors are not shipping.

Doritos Toasted Corn (unflavored) is entirely out of production and are being scalped on ebay.

I worked in a bicycle shop as a kid and recently visited home. When speaking with the manager he tells me they can't keep bicycles in stock. Manufacturers have also stopped making certain size runs to keep from retooling their plants. They used to make XXs through XXL sizes, now just Small, Medium and Large bicycle frames are being produced as they comprise 80% of sales normally, but in these times when people want to be outside riding, it makes more sense to make double of the common sizes and zero of the others... That's all good and well, but I'm just shy of 7 foot tall... No new road bikes this year I guess SMH

Not waiting anymore, but my Mastery bridge and trem were delayed by several weeks due to their part shortages. Fortunately that wasn't an issue because I'm still a couple weeks from the Warmoth order going into production for that guitar.

ghotiphry said:
My company is hiring.  Trying to buy computer hardware is a nightmare.

I work in forensics and we collect people's computers regularly as evidence of a crime. Now people were always pissed when they got their computers taken via warrant, but now they remark "I can't even buy a replacement." Yikes, maybe don't break the law lol.

I'm waiting on having enough money to place my next Warmoth order to wait for my next Warmoth order. Waiting inception...

BeagJon said:
ghotiphry said:

I work in forensics and we collect people's computers regularly as evidence of a crime. Now people were always pissed when they got their computers taken via warrant, but now they remark "I can't even buy a replacement." Yikes, maybe don't break the law lol.

I hope all you have to look at is dollar figures.  I would not want to deal with the explicit/visual crimes.  Some things can not be unseen!

garytlove said:
BeagJon said:
ghotiphry said:

I hope all you have to look at is dollar figures.  I would not want to deal with the explicit/visual crimes.  Some things can not be unseen!

I'm praying that buying enough guitars makes all the bad thoughts go away :D

I'm waiting on the return of the gigs, to make enough gig money to justify putting myself on the waitlist for a Warmoth...

Back