Bengal Burst

Lucky #7

The Bengal Burst is really hard to photograph well and my camera isn't that great, but in person it is spectacular.  The grain is actually a lot more pronounced than it looks and actually goes from black to light gray depending on how the light hits it.  The gold is almost like a reflector on a bicycle. I'll get some pictures of the neck up later on.

DSC03554.jpg

DSC03557.jpg

DSC03558.jpg

Woah, beautiful Paul there!  I dig the bengal burst.  What neck will that be mated to?  And I hope you're going with gold hardware?

No go on the gold.  I've never been a fan of it on guitars.  I've got a chrome TOM/STP, vintage tuning pegs, vintage amber knobs, cream pup rings, and uncoverd Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II pups.

The neck is black korina with an ebony fingerboard.

Great Burst & finish
I have to admit that I would've liked it even more if it had masked instead of regular binding

I actually agree, but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to do a custom.  I think the fact that the grain on this one looks so nice made the decision a little easier.  There's another one up there now that I don't like nearly as much.

Awesome! I was looking at this one also for a while but went with the sunburst spruce top.  Love can't wait to see the finished project.

Dropped it off at Danny D's a little while ago.  Should have it back in a week or two.  I can't wait.

I saw yours on the LP forum, buckrock.  Yours looks a whole lot like the Slash model that Gibson wants $6000 for.  Bet yours plays nicer for a third of the price or less.

m4rk0 said:
Great Burst & finish
I have to admit that I would've liked it even more if it had masked instead of regular binding

no can do. the quilt top is a thin 1/8'' laminate on regular maple.

It was, but it was an old stock body that had sat here a long time in the raw.

Is that a Warmoth-finished clear satin black korina neck?  How does it feel?  Do they leave the grain open?

It is clear satin.  It feels nice, but it is currently at the being put together so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll let you know when I get it back.  He said sometime next week, but they had started on it today and they're not having to order any parts or wait on anything to dry, so I'm not sure what could possibly take that long unless they started on mine while they were waiting on someone else's guitar to be ready for work.

Isn't a les paul neck supposed to have trapeze inlays (most models to my mind) ? There are really few of them on the showcase. why is it so ?

Back