Gotoh tuners
Gotoh TOM/STP
Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups
DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

Thanks:) I forget to put on the truss rod cover before I took the pictures, but I guess you get the picture;)

Hi,
That is a lovely guitar.

I see you have used the gold covers for the pickup rings.  Are these off the Warmoth Site?

It may be me not looking properly, but have you place them on top of standard pickuip rings?

I have pretty much ordered exactly the same hardware for my LPS with cream pickup rings.

Very Nice
Cheers
Dave

Thank you lp1958!
Yes the pickup rings are the metal gold rings off the Warmoth site. They are mounted directly on the body.
I wanted a clean gold look on the hardware so I didn`t want any mounting rings in plastic. 

Jommit said:
Thank you lp1958!
Yes the pickup rings are the metal gold rings off the Warmoth site. They are mounted directly on the body.
I wanted a clean gold look on the hardware so I didn`t want any mounting rings in plastic. 

Thanks for your reply.
I never thought about doing that.  It certainly looks fantastic.  I might give it ago.

Can you get the pickups high enough?
It looks like they fit well onto the body.

lp1958 said:
Jommit said:
Thank you lp1958!

Thanks for your reply.
I never thought about doing that.  It certainly looks fantastic.  I might give it ago.

Can you get the pickups high enough?
It looks like they fit well onto the body.
I can get the pikcups high enough to touch the strings if I want to, so that`s not any problem:)

Hi Jommit,

My LPS has finally arrived (I've be posting pics soon).

I also ordered a couple of the gold pickup rings and a couple of plastice mount.

I think it will definitely looks better with just the gold rings. 
Did you have to do much bending to fit the curve of the body.

Cheers
Dave

Hi lp1958.
No not so much bending. I bended them a little with my fingers first just to get a little curve on them. Then I drilled the holes and tightened the screws, thats it :icon_thumright:
Fits like a dream..

I really like that burst.  Were you going for a brighter sound?  The a2pros must sound great in it!

boaty said:
I really like that burst.  Were you going for a brighter sound?  The a2pros must sound great in it!
Thanks! :)
Actually I didn`t think to much about sound when I ordered the body and neck, mostly looks:) I wanted to get a standard LP sound with a Slash wibe in it. I know maple isn`t standard on LP`s but I love the result. Beautiful fat sound, wery close to what I had in mind :icon_thumright:

Back