Bass Necks need back contour option!!!!

The Editor

Guitar Players can pick different types of neck contours to fit their style. Bass players are stuck with one option, CHUNKY! There needs to be more bass neck contours. I have a Ibanez SoundGear and I can fly on that neck because its so thin. So there is different bass necks just like guitar necks.

Just because some people are building Fender looking basses doesn't mean we want exact copies of Fenders. If that was the case i'd just go buy a Fender.

Anybody think there should be different profiles for bass necks? This is the only thing stopping me from buying a neck from warmoth right now. www.musikraft.com has that option but they don't have other options. Man..dude

You would think that with all the options they give for guitar necks, they'd at least have a couple different options for bass necks.

It may be a year or so, but this suggestion is on the higher part of our "to do" list!

Having known a couple of pretty good amateur builders - I understand there's more to it than simply saying: "Let's do it!" Computer assisted equipment isn't cheap, and the consistency of possible variances have to be considered. It will be nice to see it done, and I'd wager would be met with open arms and matching sales. It's not really an issue to me as I 'make my money' on the other end of the neck, and seldom (except for playing around on my own) venture near or at the heel of my instruments.

I emailed warmoths custom shop and there going to do it for $90 more. So if you want a thinner neck, just email: customshop@warmoth.com

Back