Bass build question

Well as a follow up to all this....I got my Warmoth dinky P body, and the EMG Geezer pickup install was a breeze, EXCEPT for the output jack, which just barely peeks through the wood enough to put a nut on the shaft, not enough for a washer and nut, it's that close, so I don't feel good about this as a long term solution. So bottom line is the pot shafts for volume/tone worked fine, but now I am searching for an output jack with a longer threaded shaft for a more secure fit.

Probably the EMG volume and tone have enough length for rear rout fitting, but have you considered reducing the thickness of the wood a little at the back of the jack?

Or perhaps a PureTone stereo jack may have a long enough thread length to do the job. Stereo being needed of course for the battery connection for the EMGs.

Probably the EMG volume and tone have enough length for rear rout fitting, but have you considered reducing the thickness of the wood a little at the back of the jack?

Or perhaps a PureTone stereo jack may have a long enough thread length to do the job. Stereo being needed of course for the battery connection for the EMGs.

Thanks, no battery connection needed, passive setup. But your suggestion led me to consider one of the flush mount output jacks I see that have a longer threaded barrel, so I ordered one from Amazon to try it out for size. My first thought was it may be TOO long to fit nicely in the cavity, but I can always extend it out a bit with a black washer or too if necessary.

I am a bit worried about thinning the wood, as I also don't want to weaken the area too much and cause an issue or even cracking down the road from plugging in/out over time. Do you think that may be an issue?

Back